Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Supracor Stimulite Classic Flat Bottom Wheelchair Cushion

sowseng,

A 13.5 inch wide by 15 inch front-to-back Stimulite Classic cushion can be ordered from Wheelchair Cushion Sage. It is a special order item, but it is easily obtained.

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    a custom cut CAN be ordered from sportaid or anyone else, but it costs quite a bit extra, I got a 13 1/2 wide from them for my 3 wheeled foreign wreck of a wheelchair. I hear a lot of people cut them with a good electric kitchen knife.

A 13.5 inch wide by 14, or
    a 13.5 inch wide by 15,
    costs the same as a 14x14 or a 14x15 Stimulite Classic from Wheelchair Cushion Sage.

you are certainly able to order a smaller size, but sowseng you dont need to.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    you are certainly able to order a smaller size, but sowseng you dont need to.
    I have placed the order 14 x 15", and see how, if it needs to cut, I will think of way to do it.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    I have placed the order 14 x 15", and see how, if it needs to cut, I will think of way to do it.
    The cushion is going to be a bit tight, but i don`t think you will have any problem.

Mine is 14x16 in a 15.3" x 16.9" seat.

its not going to be tight. i have a 14"w stimulite sport which i use in a 14"w tilite AND a 36cm kuschall champion on a daily basis. the cushion doesnt even rub against the sideguards on the tilite, and i have to be very careful to keep it centered on my kuschall, as it is too narrow for the 36cm width. sowseng, if your gti is measured in cm (with 36cm being the closest increment to 14") you need to be careful that there is enough velcro on your seat sling to hold the cushion in place. you are very unlikely to need to trim it to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    its not going to be tight. i have a 14"w stimulite sport which i use in a 14"w tilite AND a 36cm kuschall champion on a daily basis. the cushion doesnt even rub against the sideguards on the tilite, and i have to be very careful to keep it centered on my kuschall, as it is too narrow for the 36cm width. sowseng, if your gti is measured in cm (with 36cm being the closest increment to 14") you need to be careful that there is enough velcro on your seat sling to hold the cushion in place. you are very unlikely to need to trim it to fit.
    Thanks, will be careful
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

i am now sitting in my 36cm kushcall and 14" stimulite, and i just watched the ireland v australia rugby match and rushed out at halftime to get changed. but when i came back in, i realised that i had nudged my cushion sideways when i transferred and it was uncomfortably lopsided under me. i had to transfer out of my chair in order to straighten it, and when i got back to the tv i had missed another penalty... i need to buy more velcro!