Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supracor Stimulite Classic Flat Bottom Wheelchair Cushion

Supracor Stimulite Classic Flat Bottom Wheelchair Cushion

Feel like orderSupracor Stimulite Classic Flat Bottom Wheelchair Cushion, few question to ask :

1. How durable is this cushion ?
    2. Can I use it on my sling seat ?
    3. Do I need to put a piece of solid pan under the cushion, since it is a flat bottom one
    ?
    4. How much height will this cushion raise my position ?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Feel like orderSupracor Stimulite Classic Flat Bottom Wheelchair Cushion, few question to ask :

1. How durable is this cushion ?
    2. Can I use it on my sling seat ?
    3. Do I need to put a piece of solid pan under the cushion, since it is a flat bottom one
    ?
    4. How much height will this cushion raise my position ?
    I think Supracor are the most durables cushions, mine have two years and is like the first day, and excellent cover.
    Mine is the Stimulite Sport.
    you can use it where you want.
    You don`t need to put nothing under the cushion.

Here you can see all the characteristhics of the Supracor cushions

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    it will "feel" different at first, but they are great. the classic is a 2", about the only thing thinner is the pediatric, or a plain foam cushion. Do NOt order the cushion for a sling, it has some goofy wedge glued to it, i use mine on both sling and rigid pan, no problem.

sowseng,

Aluminum is readily available around the world. I'm fairly certain it can be found in Malaysia.

Whatever your seat dimensions are, take 1/2 inch off the length and width. 0.125 inch thick T6 6061 aluminum is what I use. $20.00 USD through my connections. $30.00, I believe, through onlinemetals.com.

I have a few plates, both carbon and aluminum. What are your dimensions?

Classic is closer to 3"[ 2 3/4" ]

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    it will "feel" different at first, but they are great. the classic is a 2", about the only thing thinner is the pediatric, or a plain foam cushion. Do NOt order the cushion for a sling, it has some goofy wedge glued to it, i use mine on both sling and rigid pan, no problem.
    Classic is 2 3/4"

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Classic is 2 3/4"
    yes, i was wrong, i was still half asleep. But still not many options are thinner and still offer protection.

I have been using this cushion for at least 10 years, basically as soon as they came out with them. They are great, I have used them in a sling seat and solid seat.

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    sowseng,

Aluminum is readily available around the world. I'm fairly certain it can be found in Malaysia.

Whatever your seat dimensions are, take 1/2 inch off the length and width. 0.125 inch thick T6 6061 aluminum is what I use. $20.00 USD through my connections. $30.00, I believe, through onlinemetals.com.

I have a few plates, both carbon and aluminum. What are your dimensions?
    Thanks radio.

Mine is 14" width and 15" depth. Do you think I should order my cushion with the size of 13.5" x 14.5"?

I found a place selling carbon fibre sheet in town. The price is around 70 USD per meter, is much cheaper than dragonplate. But haven't go and take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post

Thanks for your information.

When I order my chair, I read from the website that Jaylite is about 2.5", which will give me a proper height of position (16" RSH + 2.5" cushion=18.5"). Somehow I fail to notice that the Jaylite has a contour shape, which will only raise me 1/2 inches height. At first I don't mind sitting a little bit low, like the extreme wheeler Aaron James Fotheringham. And low position really ride faster, Recently my shoulder seems tired, so try to find something accurate.

If stimulate cushion is 2 3/4" height, I suppose when sitting on it, the thickness will decrease 1/2" and if the flat bottom classic do sink a little bit to the sling seat, it will another 1/2" lower. Since I have raise my RSH to 16.5", I think 2 3/4" of cushion height should give me a prober height.