Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing new van

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    CowboyCrip,

Regarding "... I am getting away from EMC EGB due to the insane price (30k!) ..." - there are some less expensive used EMC devices available.
    From what I hear, the 2011'S require the AVEIT 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Maybe you should go with a Odessey or a Sienna (below 2011) I've just heard of so many issues with the T and C's.
    nEVER thought of the Odessey... Just assumed $$$ Tried 2010 Sienna'S but no new inventory up hear.

I tried out both the t and c in both standard height and the xt.
    I need the xt as I sit 58'' from the ground up to my tip of may head.
    The xt gave me about 2'' of head room in case in the future I need to drive from my wheelchair.
    Was really nice not to duck all the time once I got inside.
    With my mid wheelchair electric chair I had no problems making the turn inside.
    Rear drive would be harder but I think most would.
    I had them not use the knell system and had no proble going in front or backwords.

So looks like thats the one my ins. will hopefully buy me this time.
    Also I need the better gas millage as the ford e 150 van with the 5.4 is killing me on gas.

Art
    Art

I've owned 15 or 20 conversion vans in the past 30 yrs. i've owned Braun, Rollx and VMI. Toyota's and Chryslers. The Toyota is far superior to the T&C. And the Braun is way better than the VMI and Rollx. A Rollx T&C will give you nothing but grief. My wife can vouch for the problem with Rollx. She got real tired of dead batteries and resetting the electronics.

Stick with Toyota & Braun folding ramp.

Last time I talked to Marty about the crap I purchased, he hung up on me. lol

thank you
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by brysan View Post
    I've owned 15 or 20 conversion vans in the past 30 yrs. i've owned Braun, Rollx and VMI. Toyota's and Chryslers. The Toyota is far superior to the T&C. And the Braun is way better than the VMI and Rollx. A Rollx T&C will give you nothing but grief. My wife can vouch for the problem with Rollx. She got real tired of dead batteries and resetting the electronics.

The issue with the RollX conversion draining the battery was cured years ago. The computer shuts off all electronics to the conversion if the battery drops as far as 12.4 volts. That gives you enough battery power to start the vehicle. So i disagree; RollX will always at the TOP of my list for conversion.

You might of had that problem in the past with RollX vans but i guarantee you the problem is resolved. I refer a lot of people to RollX vans and they praise me for sending them to Marty @ RollX.

Please, if you have any questions about the RollX conversions, please contact Marty Walterhouse @ (952) 808-2751. This is his direct line! Marty's been working with conversion vans for many years and can answer any questions you have.

Thanks
    Chris moran

Coming to the final stages of ordering a new 2012 Town & Country Touring-L modified by Amerivan (Eldorado).

I haven't heard much on Amerivan besides what the dealer tells me........I would love some honest "been there done that" feedback.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

I agree the Toyota is a little better than the Dodge or T&C, imo: the Honda is better than the Toyota by more of a margin than the Toyota is better than the Dodge.

There all going to last about the same amount of time before they rust out, but the Toyota will ride a little better than the Dodge and the Honda will do it better than all of them.

Now if your going to put 200k miles on a van nothing is going to come close to the Honda.

As to Braun ver's VMI there both really good with each of them having there strong and week points.

It's been more than 10 years since a Braun was way better than a VMI
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    Coming to the final stages of ordering a new 2012 Town & Country Touring-L modified by Amerivan (Eldorado).

I haven't heard much on Amerivan besides what the dealer tells me........I would love some honest "been there done that" feedback.
    I really like the Eldorado conversion and there stainless steel floor.

We've been doing them for around 4 years now and have had really good luck with them.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about there mobility conversion.
    Jim, MA, MMET
    Bridgewater, MA