Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing new van

Quote Originally Posted by BRASWELLF5 View Post
    VMI is in the process of producing Toyota Sienna's to be for sale early next year. Senna's are good because if your a quad you will not have to modify the shifter.
    But New 2011 Toyota Seinna's are not good for quads if you req reduced effort steering.

Can not be done on Toyota's new electronic steering.

Do you use digitone or something for your secondary controlers such as signals, etc.? I am being told 2011 Chrysler electronics require an EXPENSIVE option from EMC driving cointrols to use digitone like I currently have in my 1998.

Like 12K!!!

Anybody else with a 2011 and requires digitone for secondary controls hearing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris-M View Post
    I purchased a new Grand Caravan SXT from RollX van's out of Minnesotta last October. There's a salesman there by the name of Marty Walterhouse. He's been selling accessible van's for over 10 years and he will answer every question you have with now hesitation. This guy knows his stuff! The Customer service there is AAAA+++ in my book if you run into any issues. Please contact Marty in sales to at least get a second opinion before bying a Braun van.. In my eye's i think the ROLLX conversions out performs the Brauns conversion by fabrication and Customer service.

Here's Marty # 952-808-2740
    Hey Chris....am due for a new van at the end of the year.
    Did you go there or just talk to Marty and have them deliver it to your house?
    Back in 2003 I talked to Marty but bought a ford 150 van closer to home as I always have.
    This time I need a mini van as getting older tranfers are getting harder and since the gas prices and I think I have to keep one for at least 8 to 10 years now I need to have it ready in case I have to drive by my wheelchair in the future.
    I need the XT Braun van for the height.
    They have a dealer by me need to go and test one out.
    I don't now why they can't put the ramp on the driver side so you can drive up as am gona do the transfer seat base as long as I can.
    From the other side I don't no if i can drive in stright in with my mid drive electric chair and make a turn in there by the pictures in there web site.
    Trying to back up on it I no the mid wheel chair the wheels are gona spin if its wet or snowing out.
    I have always had the Ricon's on my full size vans and hardly had any problems with them in over 36 years.
    A fold up ramp is much more simple than what I got now....don't know why there be many problems.
    Thanks and any info would be helpfull as am gona be new to the mini van thing.

Art
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyCrip View Post
    But New 2011 Toyota Seinna's are not good for quads if you req reduced effort steering.

Can not be done on Toyota's new electronic steering.
    I thought it was reported here that it would be available soon.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

I thought it was reported here that it would be available soon.
    Along with cures for SCI and cancer....

Bras, do you use an elbow switch for your turn signals, etc?

No, I just take my hand off the gas/brake soon enough to flip the turn signal. All I ever used in my van or truck was just sure grip push/rock hand controls and a tri-pin on the steering wheel. All other stock vehicle switches I just use my paws somehow.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

No, I just take my hand off the gas/brake soon enough to flip the turn signal. All I ever used in my van or truck was just sure grip push/rock hand controls and a tri-pin on the steering wheel. All other stock vehicle switches I just use my paws somehow.
    Yes, me too. HVAC, lights, radio I use my paws no prob. It's the stuff like turn signals, horn, I cant take my hands out quick and back in while driving.

I owe you a big thank you. It was your mention of the SG push rock in another post that made me mention it to my therapist here. I am getting away from EMC EGB due to the insane price (30k!) Did an in van eval with SG PUSH rock - easy as pie - almost as easy as my EGB. For a difference of 28+k, I can get used to it real easy!

Now some BS from emc about new electronics in 2011 dodge andb chryslers needs 12k for digitone... F THAT! I vote with my wallet and am seeking alternatives for ways quads can control secondary controls in 2011 mini van.

Maybe you should go with a Odessey or a Sienna (below 2011) I've just heard of so many issues with the T and C's.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

CowboyCrip,

Regarding "... I am getting away from EMC EGB due to the insane price (30k!) ..." - there are some less expensive used EMC devices available.

Has anyone heard of the Eldorado conversion?! From googling it I guess its the Amerivan.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.