Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Purchasing new van

Got an '05 T&C Braun foldout ramp van, bought it new. I just had the "brains" box die a couple months back, not good, but that is the first and only thing that I've had done, and the new brain works the ramp much better anyway, so got an upgrade.

Mine has developed the rattle when I hit a bump, I've tightened everything, not sure where it comes from. When the door closes, it puts pressure on the ramp which should(and did for years) stop any rattle, but it still does it. hmmm....

Overall, been pretty happy. Hopefully on the new ones they don't use the real heavy duty springs in the back, does make for a jarring hit on bumps.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

I purchased a new Grand Caravan SXT from RollX van's out of Minnesotta last October. There's a salesman there by the name of Marty Walterhouse. He's been selling accessible van's for over 10 years and he will answer every question you have with now hesitation. This guy knows his stuff! The Customer service there is AAAA+++ in my book if you run into any issues. Please contact Marty in sales to at least get a second opinion before bying a Braun van.. In my eye's i think the ROLLX conversions out performs the Brauns conversion by fabrication and Customer service.

Here's Marty # 952-808-2740

No problem with a simple Uni-Lite lift on my 2011 Sienna, simple and much less expensive solution without touching the structure of the van. Just my opinion.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

VMI is in the process of producing Toyota Sienna's to be for sale early next year. Senna's are good because if your a quad you will not have to modify the shifter.
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Sorry for the delay. Mine is a 06 Sienna. It only has 40k on it and lives in a garage so no excuses there. Mine was the first round after Braun moved their operation and they always seem reluctant to take ownership of the issues. The dealer has been super helpful but Braun does a lot of talking with 0 action. That said i like the fold out because you can see all the parts and the Toyota is good too. so... best advice is maintain the relationship with the dealer and make them deal with Braun if you go that route.
    -------------------------
    "...the most reliable and useful courage was that which arises from the fair estimation of the encountered peril..." Herman Melville: Moby Dick

I have the Town and Country...the only thing that has really been an issue..is the sunroof...there is a issue with it clogging with debris from tree droppings etc and it (the drains it has) will back up and leak water into my van..from all possible places..makes a rainy day a wet one for passengers..each time I have to take to dealership to de clog it..it cost $400 plus!

So, I would say don't get the sunroof unless you plan on garage parking it

Make sure you try the van entry too...the ramp is still steep, and I have to go in backwards..(no way I can go in forward) and it is not easy to do...feel like your butt will go forward and if not for sinking into a roho I am not sure I would be all that stable.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

I am the second owner of a 2006 town and country with Rollx conversion.

I agree with the others, Rollx customer service is outstanding. They have answered all of my questions and been very helpful. I haven't had a problem with their conversion.

We have a 2008 Chevy Uplander with a Braun system.
    When we were at Craig they reccomended trying to find an Uplander because they were a little bit wider than the T/C.
    My husband rides in the passenger seat and is still a tight squeeze getting him in and out. He only has a couple inches of head clearance.
    Lately sometimes the van will kneel and the door will slide open, but the ramp stays in place. Now it is working again-damn gremlins.

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    Make sure you try the van entry too...the ramp is still steep, and I have to go in backwards..(no way I can go in forward) and it is not easy to do...feel like your butt will go forward and if not for sinking into a roho I am not sure I would be all that stable.
    This is my only complaint! It took me a couple of tries before I could get in. In my van now I have a set of handles that were put in after I bought it that I pretty much just pulled myself up. We had talked about doing the same thing to this van. Its a bummer that its that much steeper. Somedays it could be a big inconvenience when trying to get in with groceries or something..... Its pretty important to be able to get into the van easy. I'll definitely take this into consideration when I make the big purchase!
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by gurly2356 View Post
    This is my only complaint! It took me a couple of tries before I could get in. In my van now I have a set of handles that were put in after I bought it that I pretty much just pulled myself up. We had talked about doing the same thing to this van. Its a bummer that its that much steeper. Somedays it could be a big inconvenience when trying to get in with groceries or something..... Its pretty important to be able to get into the van easy. I'll definitely take this into consideration when I make the big purchase!
    yeah and if it is raining..forget it..hydroslide city ...will need a push up..

just put groceries in passenger side or in back--i have a auto lift back..
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda