Thread: Contact Lenses online

Contact Lenses online

Anyone buy contact lenses online? I have hard lenses, so I've never gone that route, but I'm seriously considering it after the optometrist tried to get me for $215 for a pair of lenses I can supposedly get for $60-75 on the internet.

reccommendations? advice? tips/tricks etc??
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    Anyone buy contact lenses online? I have hard lenses, so I've never gone that route, but I'm seriously considering it after the optometrist tried to get me for $215 for a pair of lenses I can supposedly get for $60-75 on the internet.

reccommendations? advice? tips/tricks etc??
    Hello "feisty,"
    NL wears contact lenses (currently Ciba Vision Air Optic) and she has ordered from lens.com and justlenses.com most recently...good prices...good service. She has been buying contact lenses on line for more than 10 years and has never had a problem with any part of the process. The key is to get your prescription from your eye care professional (type of lens, base curve measurement and powers for each eye) and then shop it around the various contact lens shopping sites for the best price for your type of lenses, shipping/no shipping etc.

All the best,
    GJ

I've ordered lenses from Walgreens and opticontacts.com. I know which lenses I want, so basically whoever has the best price gets my biz. A prescription from you optometrist is still required, however.

I order daily disposable lenses, which I re-use for a week or so, so that extends my bang for the buck.

I've used 1800contacts for lenses and have never had a problem.

I've used 800contacts and visiondirect for contacts without problems.
    Daniel

And I also have used 1800CONTACTS without a problem. I use disposable lenses. I get the prescription from my optometrist. With my vision insurance I can get either glasses or contacts at the optometrist. I get the glasses there and the contacts in the mail.

If you're candidate and have the cash I would highly recommend Lasik. I had the procedure done over a year ago and love not screwing w solution, contacts and all the other bs. Well worth the money. Went from 20/200 - 20/20
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

yes. good deal fast shipping. I got my from 1-800 contacts. you can order online.

cosco, if you have them around, is worth the membership fee for the prescription, and contact/glasses savings. very good prices.

Is there any tool for putting in and taking out soft contacts? I can't do it, so people who know how have been doing it for me, but with some kind of tool, my aide could learn.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.