Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowel Program On Twice A Week

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    Looks like you and I are full of shit!
    yep, 33 years, no problems, never ate healthy stuff either, drink about 8 pepsis a day, and usually eat pizzas, chili dogs, hamburgers, etc
    guess i'm doing something wrong, oh well
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    yep, 33 years, no problems, never ate healthy stuff either, drink about 8 pepsis a day, and usually eat pizzas, chili dogs, hamburgers, etc
    guess i'm doing something wrong, oh well
    you're going to have to donate that body to science!

I would not recommend going twice a week. Every 2-3 days is considered the standard, depending on what you eat and how often you eat. All of the issues that are stated above are possible and more likely if you are not emptying on a frequent basis. I would especially worry about constipation and impaction.

CKF

I am glad to honestly hear that others do not do the bowel program every day or every other day. For Sarah, we found that was not effective. It was more of an inconvenience to her than anything - 9 times out of 10, nothing would happen. We have been successful every 3rd evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah's Mom View Post
    I am glad to honestly hear that others do not do the bowel program every day or every other day. For Sarah, we found that was not effective. It was more of an inconvenience to her than anything - 9 times out of 10, nothing would happen. We have been successful every 3rd evening.

yep, theres no standard, everyone needs to pay attention to their own body and how it reacts
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    yep, theres no standard, everyone needs to pay attention to their own body and how it reacts
    Exactly. I was helping with education yesterday at GF Strong and that was my message. Find what works for you.

If I don't go every single day I'm just asking for trouble, but as a vegan, my diet is very high in fiber and I drink a lot of water. As others have stated, everyone's needs will be different depending on their diet and the makeup of their own body. That said, twice per week seems too infrequent for anybody.
    Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known. - Carl Sagan

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. - Anne Frank

Hi Good Day to you all

I try to go at least once a day but there have been instances where I went on 3rd day
    I felt all crampy and just not happy

Now I totally changed my diet and use ol exlax tabs and sometimes a lil swig of castor oil . it definitely helps I just chase the Castor oil down with a rootbeer soda pop and it gets my system jiggy in about 6 - 12 hours

Also I eat Grapes , oatmeal

Now I generally go everyday or 2nd day

Mondays and Thursdays for me..I want me weekends available always.

Been doing the 2 day routine @ 15 years now.. The only time I'll do three days is when I felt I didn't have a good routine, then it's on the can the next day.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

If you are going to go to every 3rd day (or less frequent), you really need to watch how much you eat. I would also encourage you to eat lots of veggies and fruit and drink plenty of water. It helps to keep things moving and soft.
    CKF