Thread: Joe will be in Paris on September 18th!

Joe will be in Paris on September 18th!

I just received an email from Joe letting me know that he plans to be in Paris on the 18th of September. He will be greeted by the Press and public at the Marriot Hotel. He sent me a .pdf, forwarded from the Press. Below is a loose translation, I didn't have time to translate it myself.

Since the 10 August 2011, Joe Kals, paraplegic 30 years following a
    motorcycle accident, every day is a challenge out of the ordinary in order to
    raise funds for the benefit of medical research on the spinal cord:
    Through the France of the North to the South is 1 325 km to the strength of his arms!
    Sunday, September 18, 2011, Joe Kals will be in Paris and will descend on pendulum avenue des Champs-Elysées before resuming his March to the South. After more than 200 km since his departure from le Havre, Joe Kals will be pleased to meet the press and the public in the presence of the alarm association members *:

10 h - Point Press at the Marriott Hotel

70 avenue of the Champs-Elysées - 75008 Paris

11: 00 - departure from Joe Kals of the Marriott Hotel

An out of the ordinary human challenge: an appeal for funds for a beautiful and great cause.

"That, in future, the closest possible, human care more of".
    sequelae of a section of the spinal cord and can thus continue to live in the

dignity. "Joe Kals

Since August 10, 2011, Joe Kals took the departure of a huge challenge linking Le Havre to Menton by walking an average of 10 km per day .

Similarly, across Europe, Africa and the Canada, as photographic reporter, Joe Kals has since played basketball ball, ran marathons and won handcycling races across Europe.
    Thanks to an unprecedented willingness, a total exceeded itself, followed by a daily training physical preparator, Joe Kals is standing. With the help of orthoses and crutches, provides for 2008 a tilting walk several kilometers.
    In 5 months if all goes well, Joe Kals reaches Chin, his city of heart , where relatives and partners are waiting for him.
    Joe Kals was strongly influenced in his youth by the story of a young named Canadian athlete Terry Fox. Cancer and amputation of a leg, this sport has become famous for his "Marathon of hope", a trans-Canadian journey that he had undertaken to raise funds for research against cancer.

Joe Kals today wants, in turn, "to give back to life".

A walk for life.

Joe Kals dedicates this challenge to a single cause: educate the largest number and collect donations for medical research on the spinal cord.
    All donations will be returned to association alarm - free Association of assistance to the Research on the spinal Epinière. In France, more than 50,000 people are paraplegics or quadriplegics. There each year 1,500 more in accidents, which affect mainly young people from 15 to 25 years.
    Never Give Up!

That's great that he's doing this? Without any problems I hope - what strength - I can't even imagine!

(I'm sorry to be short on cash from my medical appointment travelling, otherwise I would donate!)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    That's great that he's doing this? Without any problems I hope - what strength - I can't even imagine!

(I'm sorry to be short on cash from my medical appointment travelling, otherwise I would donate!)
    I completely understand. I was only able to donate a little.
    I haven't found any video yet but I'll post it as soon as I find some.
    Never Give Up!

C'est si beau! One of the most beautiful streets in the world.

On you tube there are some videos about his great challange (Unfortunatly all in french). Now he already reached 600 km. As we know his goal is to support research for a cure of spinal cord injury and i think it could be great to find a way to support him someway. Any ideas?

Arcy