Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Icon Product Shots

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    Pretty sure he was kidding.

I don't like the design myself, it reminds me of my office work chair (non-wheelchair). But I think I'm in the small minority.
    Aesthetics aside, what if your everyday chair could be quickly reconfigured to provide the same function, positioning, and comfort as your office chair?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I'm still skeptical. Lets see a picture with a serial number to prove it!!

Then, you'll claim that a respected seating therapist discovered by using the prototype unsupervised in his hotel room that everything else being equal, increasing the wheelbase by about 3" provided better hand placement on the pushrims while holding a wheelie. and that this biomechanical advantage made it easier to perform wheelchair skills?
    I didn't say anything about the respected seating therapist who was given access to the prototype at ASCIP, because what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

Glad you enjoyed your unsupervised "alone time" with the Icon.

@Covathalis
    : the "upswept" front end is actually for transfers - both into the chair, and from the ground.

We'll also have transfer handles for those that need a bit more of a grab-point - they'll adjust in height and can be rotated also. This is a rendering of one:

Attachment 41954

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    Glad you enjoyed your unsupervised "alone time" with the Icon.
    I'm equally glad I survived my "all eyes are watching time" with the Icon. You may be able to drop 4 feet and stick the landing. I, however, would not.

What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but plausible deniability for an upstart manufacturer never hurts.

Maybe it could match function and positioning, but I get the most comfort sitting in my office chair. I don't think any wheelchair can match that, at least in my case. Part of it might be psychological. I do like the concept behind Jeff's chair, and wish him and his partner much luck.
    Aesthetics aside, what if your everyday chair could be quickly reconfigured to provide the same function, positioning, and comfort as your office chair?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

im having trouble visualizing how the transfer handles would look on an actual chair... would they not be very cumbersome, particularly if compared with transfer handles that poke out beneath the edges of the seat pan (like tennis chairs or whatever)?

this neatly dovetails with another question i was thinking about. are things like the removable armrests just conceptual or corporeal? im not certain that many people will fancy imagining them on their new icon, but im fairly certain i will need them on my next (still theoretical) chair.

It's called sarcasm and my decision to provide a firsthand portrayal of actual events as fiction. It was a tongue in cheek response to similarly sounding posts made by a couple of other members in a recent thread. The actual events described in my post, however, actually took place.

I bet it was my use of the word "respected" in front of "seating therapist" that threw you off that I was actually referring to myself. My apologies.
    Aha...no worries and sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    @Covathalis : the "upswept" front end is actually for transfers - both into the chair, and from the ground.
    Hmm...we'll I'll reserve judgement until I actually get to try one then
    Any chance you guys will be demo'ing them in Portland OR?
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

handsome chair, can the camber be adjusted ?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    handsome chair, can the camber be adjusted ?
    Yes. 0, 2, 4, & 6 degrees which is done via a bolt on each side of the chair....

I'd Like to see a color chart. hopefuly when you do start coloring them. that they are powder coated as colours only paints thier chairs. witch I have learned the hard way that thier paint don't last.
    Last edited by randomryan007; 09-10-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Yes, the camber can be adjusted - 0, 2, 4, or 6 degrees are the choices.

To adjust the camber, the outside bolt is loosened, which allows the swing arm to pivot.

Then the outside bolt is moved from one of the four locations, to the preferred location hole. In this photo, the inside locator bolt is in the outermost position, which gives 6 degrees of camber - for each hole to the inside that it's relocated, the camber will be reduced by 2 degrees.

Attachment 41960