Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Icon Product Shots

Icon Product Shots

Here are the latest photos of the first full production Icon A1.

Attachment 41949

Attachment 41950

Attachment 41951

Attachment 41952

Attachment 41953

Congratulations on the roll out!

Take that Lion's Den!!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Congratulations on the roll out!

Take that Lion's Den!!
    make that Dragons' Den.

The whole animal kingdom can go take a leap.

(Real and imagined animals alike)
    Last edited by JeffAdams; 09-10-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: make it just a bit funnier

sigh, black... guess i have to add a can of paint to my budget. that aside, it looks good! does the production model adjust in the same ways as the prototype?

I'm still skeptical. Lets see a picture with a serial number to prove it!!

What next? Tell me there is an optional front end that could allow it to go off road?

Then tell me that with some slight modification, that same front end could allow the end user to carry 1-2 of those hand carried baskets on it so the end user could do their grocery shopping without struggling with a grocery cart?

Then, you'll claim that a respected seating therapist discovered by using the prototype unsupervised in his hotel room that everything else being equal, increasing the wheelbase by about 3" provided better hand placement on the pushrims while holding a wheelie. and that this biomechanical advantage made it easier to perform wheelchair skills?

Then, why not totally embellish the story and say you allowed that therapist to demonstrate his findings in front of other respected SCI therapists from around the country? To top it off, why not just say he did this using a prototype at the corner of a stage next to the podium where a mistake could have resulted in a 4 foot drop in 2 directions?

BTW, I was at the Icon exhibit at ASCIP and the guy who was manning the booth looked nothing like you!

Please, spare me! I'll believe it when I see it.

Seriously, though, glad to see your up to posting.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I'm still skeptical. Lets see a picture with a serial number to prove it!!

What next? Tell me there is an optional front end that could allow it to go off road?

Then tell me that with some slight modification, that same front end could allow the end user to carry 1-2 of those hand carried baskets on it so the end user could do their grocery shopping without struggling with a grocery cart?

Then, you'll claim that a respected seating therapist discovered by using the prototype unsupervised in his hotel room that everything else being equal, increasing the wheelbase by about 3" provided better hand placement on the pushrims while holding a wheelie. and that this biomechanical advantage made it easier to perform wheelchair skills?

Then, why not totally embellish the story and say you allowed that therapist to demonstrate his findings in front of other respected SCI therapists from around the country? To top it off, why not just say he did this using a prototype at the corner of a stage next to the podium where a mistake could have resulted in a 4 foot drop in 2 directions?

BTW, I was at the Icon exhibit at ASCIP and the guy who was manning the booth looked nothing like you!

Please, spare me! I'll believe it when I see it.

Seriously, though, glad to see your up to posting.
    Why the negativity mate? I understand you want to see to finished product but if someone is trying to be creative and improve (or at least expand) the options of chairs available to end users I'm all for it.

I do wonder how useful the front end will be for transfers since there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put your hands except on the wheels.
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

Pretty sure he was kidding.

I don't like the design myself, it reminds me of my office work chair (non-wheelchair). But I think I'm in the small minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Covathalis View Post
    Why the negativity mate? I understand you want to see to finished product but if someone is trying to be creative and improve (or at least expand) the options of chairs available to end users I'm all for it.

I do wonder how useful the front end will be for transfers since there doesn't seem to be anywhere to put your hands except on the wheels.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Covathalis View Post

It's called sarcasm and my decision to provide a firsthand portrayal of actual events as fiction. It was a tongue in cheek response to similarly sounding posts made by a couple of other members in a recent thread. The actual events described in my post, however, actually took place.

I bet it was my use of the word "respected" in front of "seating therapist" that threw you off that I was actually referring to myself. My apologies.

But I digress, hence I derail a fairly historical thread...
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 09-10-2011 at 05:43 PM.