Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hanging upside down

Hanging upside down

Inversion therapy for elongating our confined-to-wheelchair, scrunched-up bodies. Good idea?

http://www.teeter-inversion.com/Teeter-Products.asp

I can't even imagine the army of people it would take to get me on and off that thing, to say nothing of whoever has to wield the bucket after I spew.......

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I can't even imagine the army of people it would take to get me on and off that thing, to say nothing of whoever has to wield the bucket after I spew.......
    We should be pulling out of Afghanistan in less than a year, right? So there's your army. And buckets are readily available.

Any other takers?

Probably not. I don't see it being of benefit to me personally, other than blood rushing to my head, which I get almost daily to some degree from AD, which is free of charge!

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    http://www.teeter-inversion.com

The teeter company makes a version which is a chair, making it easy to transfer to. The chair then transforms to a straight board and then has
    a control to invert it like their regular inverters.

I can't find a picture of it, but I have used it. It was very relaxing,
    I wanted to hang for hours at a time..
    Couldn't afford one, but would be a nice piece of kit to have.

MY Mom has one..yes it would not be a easy safe thing to get on ..and it would require some kind of straps though to hold us in..

I had a friend who just put a pole across her closet door..within reach of her chair..and she would just hang from it to stretch out back..

I think the time needed would be a lot though to challenge the "scrunched up" time sitting..swimming seems to help me to accomplish this and decrease tightness.

(P.S> loving my Ultimate Meal! ) every day I do it since you mentioned it here!)
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Inversion therapy for elongating our confined-to-wheelchair, scrunched-up bodies. Good idea?

http://www.teeter-inversion.com/Teeter-Products.asp
    I did this when I was AB to relieve siatica. It really helped, I would do it for sure.

I think stretching and use of a standing frame would yield a better benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Same here!
    I never got in this kind of position when I was ab, so I don't see why I should consider it now.

Your hips might pop out of place