Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Hanging upside down

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Standen View Post
    I have been inverting for several years (I am a t-10 complete para and have been for 31 years). I've never had any problems and my physiatrist thinks it is a great idea and good for compression. I enjoy it and can feel and see the benefits from a weekly regime of inverting.
    What piece of equipment are you using? Are you inverting a full 180 degrees or less? Can you detail the benefits you're experiencing?

I would definitely go inverted if I had the same machine that Para in the video had. I think it's great for stretching the body out and decompressing the spine.
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Thousands of people are doing headstands in yoga classes around the world everyday. I wouldn't not do this for fear of an embolism. And you don't have to go all the way to full inversion to experience the decompressive benefits.
    6 months pre-injury. I was f'n out of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Thousands of people are doing headstands in yoga classes around the world everyday. I wouldn't not do this for fear of an embolism. And you don't have to go all the way to full inversion to experience the decompressive benefits.
    i started taking yoga after my injury, mu doctor said it was ok as long as i didnt overdue it, plus is was bikram, so he knew the poses, it is the macdonalds of yoga. Same sequence and poses in every bikram studio. i did tear and separate my bicep tendon doing a pose. hard to cath,since i was right handed.
    he did say do not do headstands under any circumstances,even wall supported.
    i manly went to see the girls in their tights,shame on me.
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by captainwelch View Post
    6 months pre-injury. I was f'n out of my mind.
    great picture though! i could never think of doing that.
    i have an inversion table that i only used a couple of times , it's a clothes rack now. i was thinking of rigging it so the movements were much slower and i could use it with the pie machine, invert a little,not too much just to get gravity to get the PIE water deeper inside and let it soak and soften up the bricks. than when time to release lower my legs so they are 15 degrees lower than my head, which is the PIE recommended setup. i could put a stop at 20 degrees inversion so i ddon' have to worry bout being upside down with this thing in my butt. i have been using the PIE for a year , it is very hard to operate as a single person with limited space,
    cauda equina