Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No carb/ low carb noodles??

No carb/ low carb noodles??

I heard as long as you rinse very well, don't substitute for Italian dishes, lightly stir fry etc, these are doable.

Any experience?

I just bought Magic Noodle angel hair. I will report back when I get it.
    And the truth shall set you free.

I get to answer my own question!

Ok, at Whole foods I picked up House Foods brand Tofu Shirataki Angel Hair/Spaghetti.

(I was informed that the essentially fiber noodles come across way more palatable when combined with tofu.)

So - I rinsed out the noodles twice in a colander. Poured the noodles into a microwave safe bowel and poured 1 full teaspoon of garlic and herb infused olive oil, mixed it in with some garlic powder and nuked for 1 minute. When it came out it still had it's original "bagged" flavor and I knew that wouldn't do so I took two teaspoons of Thai Peanut Sauce mixed that in and nuked for another minute. I got rid of all the excess fluid as directed and served on a paper plate.

Well 8 oz of pasta had exactly 40 calories and it tasted great! I'm hooked
    and will continue to buy! I think having the two flavors cook in stages was key. Was not rubbery in any way, simply al dente.

Next week I will try "Miracle Noodles" which has zero tofu and zero calories.
    I'll let you know how that goes.

You can always use wheat noodles. You can get those at any grocery store. I eat them a lot when I forget to take something out of the Fraser the night before.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Dreamfield pasta. Comes in a dark green package. Sometimes you can only find it in specialty food stores. 5 carbs. Can't tell the difference.
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

We use Dreamfields and really don't notice any difference; it does seem to cook faster, so be careful so you don't end up with mushy pasta.

http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/

I tried the Miracle Noodles. They were edible, but I really didn't care for the texture or flavor. But, like I said they're edible
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    You can always use wheat noodles. You can get those at any grocery store. I eat them a lot when I forget to take something out of the Fraser the night before.
    No wheat hoss, gluten.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalady View Post
    We use Dreamfields and really don't notice any difference; it does seem to cook faster, so be careful so you don't end up with mushy pasta.

http://www.dreamfieldsfoods.com/
    Awesome! I will check right now to see if it's gluten free!

Edit.

Ingredients
    Enriched Semolina, (Semolina, Iron (Ferrous Sulfate), And B Vitamins (Niacin, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid)), Fiber Blend (Inulin, Guar Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carrageenan, Pectin), Sorbitol, Wheat Gluten, Potassium Chloride. Contains Wheat Ingredients.

The zero calorie noodles were way more bland than the combo tofu/shirtaiki were and needed to cook one minute more, but compared to the cauliflower rice I tried to get by...I'll take the bland noodles are garlic powder the hell outta them.

I love Tinkyada brand noodles, they are really really good. I'm celiac, so I eat gluten free too.