Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Next Generation

Reading this has prompted me to look at my own situation, my 11 year old daughter wants to become a doctor to help her dad get better. just thought how my physical and mental condition has effected her.

What kind of fire under her bribes will she take to study 24 hours a day??
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I'd sure think healthcare of some sort would be a good field for her to get into with all the aging baby boomers at this point. I think as she finds out how many barriers there are preventing things such of "cures" from happening she will settle down into another field and do well, that's generally the way it works and has for quite sometime sad to say.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I'd sure think healthcare of some sort would be a good field for her to get into with all the aging baby boomers at this point. I think as she finds out how many barriers there are preventing things such of "cures" from happening she will settle down into another field and do well, that's generally the way it works and has for quite sometime sad to say.
    I do not think she will go into mainstream medicine. She does not want to memorize algorithms or adhere to standards of care. She is a believer since she served drinks at the 5 year anniversary of the Keck Center at age 10. I can see her funding her research working as a piercing artist though she really likes that...I am really very proud.
    1FineSpineRN

Ok...more tears here! Way to go! It's that old saying..."like Mother, like Daughter!"

So very hard for me to believe your two children are grown!!

Hugs and love,

Teens/Teena

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Actually what she seems to be heading for, is to own a few Domino Pizza Joints so she can retain her current title of "pizza girl", then she will live in a lab and umm cure people. She is that kind of crazy.
    1FineSpineRN

My kinda kid !!! I gots one too ! How'd that happen Mar ??

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone View Post
    My kinda kid !!! I gots one too ! How'd that happen Mar ??

Obie
    I am kind of thinking...we did something right Obie.....
    1FineSpineRN

Good kids....the world needs more of em!
    If there is light
    it will find
    you

--Charles Bukowski

That reflects excellently on your parenting skills if you ask me.