Thread: Dragon 11.5

Dragon 11.5

hey guys… Just wanted to make a quick post here about Dragon 11.5. I've been using Dragon ever sense I got injured in September of 1999. Back then the program was really expensive and although it was semi-decent, it still made a lot of errors. The next time I bought Dragon was Dragon #7. I also then bought 9 and 10 when they came out as well. I didn't get #8. Having used the last two recent ones 9 and 10, the only reason why I bought 11 was because I sold my older laptop to my brother and figured since I'm getting a new laptop I might as well get the latest version of Dragon and it was only $50 at Amazon. It's $100 at Best Buy and other big-box stores. So, I got it and I must say that this is definitely by far the best Dragon ever I am hardly getting any errors, and the only errors that I am getting is because I mispronounce the word or I stuttered.

The only thing I was a little bummed out about was one of my main reasons for buying this was because there is an application for the iPhone that lets you use your iPhone as a microphone as long as you are connected via Wi-Fi with your laptop or computer; however, I found out you can do this, but you have to buy the premium version. So I just wanted to let you guys know in case that might be a reason you are considering buying the program. The program has to be premium or better. I just bought the basic own version. I'm disappointed I can use the iPhone with it, but I do have a good microphone that is USB and it works really well. Had I known as hindsight that it was the premium version you had to buy, I probably still would have gone with the home basic, because I just don't think it's worth $50, and you know the program is still in its infancy and probably won't be really good until version 12 or later.

All in all though this really does work great and I'm glad I bought it. I just wrote this whole post and didn't even have to make one correction… Awesome!

the best thing to use with basic is something called KnowBrainer which is an add-on for scripting, and it is awesome! It's also free if you can prove a receipt for disability!
    C4 incomplete since 1985

thanks… I'll look into it

Have you guys found Dragon to be significantly better then Window's native speech recognition program?
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by Covathalis View Post
    Have you guys found Dragon to be significantly better then Window's native speech recognition program?
    wayyyyyyyyy better