Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news for coffee addicts!

Good news for coffee addicts!

Earlier this week the good news about the health benefits of chocolate, and now this. Yay!

High coffee intake is tied to a lower risk of type 2 diabetes
    Daily intake of at least nine cups of boiled coffee was linked to a 35% reduced risk of type 2 diabetes, while consuming the same amount of filtered coffee lowered the risk by 38%, compared with people who had less than one cup, experts at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health found. However, people should not overindulge in coffee as it may lead to other health problems, researchers said. Diabetes.co.uk (U.K.)

I don't think drinking at least nine cups of coffee daily is good for you, no matter the impact on diabetes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Earlier this week the good news about the health benefits of chocolate, and now this. Yay!

High coffee intake is tied to a lower risk of type 2 diabetes
    Daily intake of at least nine cups of boiled coffee was linked to a 35% reduced risk of type 2 diabetes, while consuming the same amount of filtered coffee lowered the risk by 38%, compared with people who had less than one cup, experts at the Norwegian Institute of Public Health found. However, people should not overindulge in coffee as it may lead to other health problems, researchers said. Diabetes.co.uk (U.K.)
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I don't think drinking at least nine cups of coffee daily is good for you, no matter the impact on diabetes.

9+ cups of coffee daily?! Hell, no risk for diabetes once your heart explodes!

I just can't get into coffee. I love tea though. Jukespin once sent me some delicious green teas. I regretted that I had drunk them though, when I later read Juke saying he let mice pee on his food and didn't get rid of the food. Bleugh.
    Where is Juke these days?

My sister-in-law's parents probably drink that much coffee and they're doing pretty good for being in their 80's. I don't do coffee, I think it is yuck.

Dr. Oz says 1-2 cups is good for you. So that's what I drink. I iuse to drink a pot when I could get up & work. Not now.

I know 2 things about Dr. Oz:

1. on some TV show, he said that suffocation caused by the "MS hug" is the leading cause of death for people with MS (this is utter nonsense), and

2. he was the guest of honor at the Bolder Boulder 10K road race last year, and as a wheelchair racer (we start first) I got to see him cavorting for the cameras and grabbing the asses of the prettiest female race volunteers he could find

So not impressed. I wouldn't pay attention to anything he said. Is he supposed to be an actual medical doctor, with a degree?

Quote Originally Posted by rdf View Post
    I doubt if too many people drink nine cups a day, but at least the study show that those of us who drink 3-4 cups might be getting some benefits, and certainly no losses for doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by keps View Post
    I just can't get into coffee. I love tea though. Jukespin once sent me some delicious green teas. I regretted that I had drunk them though, when I later read Juke saying he let mice pee on his food and didn't get rid of the food. Bleugh.
    Where is Juke these days?
    Keps, I am a big tea drinker too. I have some green tea with pomegranate that is wonderful, along with a white tea flavored with apricot. They are good either hot or iced. Lately, in an effort to completely end my diet coke drinking, I have been making big pots of tea, letting it cool, and then sticking it in the refrigerator. I take it with me wherever I go in a stainless steel bottle so that I have something to drink, don't pay for drinks out, and don't create environmental messes. Win/win!

Damn I'm healthy.
    And the truth shall set you free.