Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: wheelchair wannabes

Ugh, now I have to watch it out of curiosity. I was stunned for years when I found these ppl existed. Interesting that there seem to be fewer outbreaks nowdays. When I was a mod it seemed like bees to honey, they seemed to be everywhere.

CC is less freaky Now!

Cool

Fettishes just are perplexing , Some are really Gross
    Dream World like Alice in Wonderland ...

Many people do not know how good they have life

It is creepy. I'm open minded about fetishes and people knowing there were born the wrong gender from a very early age. Cross dressing? Who cares.
    But THIS is revolting.
    Is it like faking you have cancer for pity?
    I suppose they want bladder, bowel and sex function though.
    Some people might find it harmless, but it is deception if they go in public and take hc spots in parking and seating venues.
    Last edited by LindaT; 09-03-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: late night typo

oh betheny, i think they are just as prevalent as ever. i think we have a better network to out them and get them off our sites. yes, they are reading this. you, who are, just stick to your own sites. we hurt. we suffer. wtf is wrong w/you coming here or nm or anyplace similar? we don't usually get in your face. stay out. no, we don't want you at abilities expos, or on our sites. you make us sick w/your ignorance.

I just ignore them

Life is rough enough

Linda I dont know why a person would want to fake lie about Having Cancer or some other horrible impairment .Then again some people need the attention
    They probably want their 5 minutes of Fame

When I think of crazy stuff just Look @ Jerry Springer lol my gosh some of the crap crazy ppl do ...Uggghh

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    It is creepy. I'm open minded about fetishes and people knowing there were born the wrong gender from a very early age. Cross dressing" Who cares.
    But THIS is revolting.
    Is it like faking you have cancer for pity?
    I suppose they want bladder, bowel and sex function though.
    Some people might find it harmless, but it id deception if they go in public and take hc spots in parking and venues.
    The movie was very strange, but I did not get the feeling that these faker's were doing it for sympathy. Conversely, they seemed to feel more empowered when they were using their arsenal of rehab equipment. There is a scene in the move where the female protagonist announces she is going to use her chair in public for the first time. She sees it as liberating, and says "now she can do anything." Bizzare, totally bizzare. You would have choked watching the "vent dependent" quad who then stands up, rips off his tracheal tubing, folds the wheelchair and leaves when confronting what he thinks is a real crip. I will never understand these people. I am old enough that I remember when schools had wheelchair sensitivity training and a bunch of AB teenagers would use a wheelchair for an afternoon. I always thought it a joke because until you have urine running into your socks for lack of accessible facilities you could never "get it."

This condition is a mental illness..if you watch the movie, they are clearly desperate to be disabled due to deeply rooted and painful psychological issues.(to the point where they actually pay for surgeries or self inflict sci)

In the case of the woman, it was guilt from causing a crash and or need for her mother's love and approval..which she apparently never got..whatever the case ..a wannabe does not illicit any anger, contempt or judgement from me..they don't cause my disability to exist, they do not make my life worse, and they do not hurt me in any way. Other than the possibility they may be taking up a space I need, (which is far less than those who do not have this disorder and are just inconsiderate or lazy) they may actually help us as they are in public in chairs and as mentioned in the "advocacy thread" that we should just be out in public and show the world we exist...the more crips in public using ramps and demanding accessibility the better! lol.

Now a "faker" correct me if I am wrong is a different animal, they are the ones who come here and pretend to be disabled for reasons other than the psychological phenomenon of wanting to be or feeling as if they are a disabled person in a ab body i.e. a "wannabe". The deceive and trick and do harm as it seems they fake for their entertainment..

If some chick needs to be a wheelchair in order to feel "normal"..I am fine with that. I am fine with them getting help for their disorder as well..as that is really what they need.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    btw, i disagree w/nm contributor on his definitions. wtf was he last 25 yrs? does he even know about jeannie nightingale? yeah, look her up, nm ppl. you printed her article after she faked her way into nm chat. she pretended to be dis, chatted w/us and you (nm) were too dumb to check her out before you printed her article about us. late 90's or so. and where were you, nm, all the abilities expos i went to in so cal with the wannabes and devotees preying on us? this was 1986-1996. i learned fast and hard about them IRL.

ah yes, nm, here it is. she was a fake. even NSCIA is citing this faker. she used us in chat to write this article. it all came out later.

http://newmobility.com/articleViewIE.cfm?id=106
    OMG, Cass! What about Chantal (the one who had a baby dying??) That was my first entry to cyber world and very first introduction to a cuckoo pretender. Then Matt, Genie, Eve, Sisyphus...too many to name! They tend to have very dramatic stories, sorry but we have enough daily drama to take on fakers bs drama. Pretenders are a nuisance, yes they are mentally ill and many should be hospitalized.
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    Linda I dont know why a person would want to fake lie about Having Cancer or some other horrible impairment .Then again some people need the attention
    They probably want their 5 minutes of Fame

When I think of crazy stuff just Look @ Jerry Springer lol my gosh some of the crap crazy ppl do ...Uggghh
    Over the past year, in SC three or four fakers of cancer and other medical conditions have been caught and prosecuted because they were scamming charitable people. One was smooth enough to mount a TV begathon to get money for surgery. I think she got about $140k. The psychos are weird but these people are real scum. One can only imagine the impact on charitable giving.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/