Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: wheelchair wannabes

btw, i disagree w/nm contributor on his definitions. wtf was he last 25 yrs? does he even know about jeannie nightingale? yeah, look her up, nm ppl. you printed her article after she faked her way into nm chat. she pretended to be dis, chatted w/us and you (nm) were too dumb to check her out before you printed her article about us. late 90's or so. and where were you, nm, all the abilities expos i went to in so cal with the wannabes and devotees preying on us? this was 1986-1996. i learned fast and hard about them IRL.

ah yes, nm, here it is. she was a fake. even NSCIA is citing this faker. she used us in chat to write this article. it all came out later.

http://newmobility.com/articleViewIE.cfm?id=106
    Last edited by cass; 09-02-2011 at 03:42 AM.

Cass, no shit?

I'm surprised paradude didn't track her down and cut her throat, honestly. He was prickly at best.

That is astounding. NM published it b/c it (initially) made them look good, probably. Having published it, it seems unethical that there was no follow-up or expose' later.

There have been so many over the years. I know of some I can't expose, long gone. I totally forgot about the multiple personalities a few years ago, that was gnarly.

Actually, I think all the ones I was exposed to had multiple personalities. Usually a sibling, once a boyfriend. Yep, they are defo here.
    Last edited by betheny; 09-02-2011 at 04:53 AM.

I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing about wannabes. Those people are freaks! Thanks sherocksandsherolls for the movie title. I watched it last night. What about when they were all in the group and the baldheaded dude was trying to pull off the role of a quadriplegic on a vent? Unbelievable. I wouldn't want anything to do with any of those people let alone be alone with one of them.

I wish I could pretend to be able bodied and get up and walk around.

I really am an able-bodied wannabe.
    My Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin pages don't mention my quadness.

I was pushing around my neighborhood about 4 months ago and an old guy yelled out to me, "hey come here". I went over towards him and he said you're faking aren't you and I said no I've been in a chair for about 22 years. He didn't believe me so I pulled up my pant leg and showed him my atrophied leg and he said, "oh I see". He then said, "with the way you get around in that chair it doesn't seem like you're disabled".

He was sitting on his walker and turned out to be very nice but I never figured out how he pegged me for a faker.

I'm a C7 complete with the big quad belly, skinny legs, bizarre looking hands and monster like triceps and shoulders, for heavens sake!
    Last edited by Patton57; 09-03-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Cass, no shit?

I'm surprised paradude didn't track her down and cut her throat, honestly. He was prickly at best.

That is astounding. NM published it b/c it (initially) made them look good, probably. Having published it, it seems unethical that there was no follow-up or expose' later.
    there was. but they (nm) didn't say much. she changed some chatters' names in the article. don't know why.
    Last edited by cass; 09-02-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Wow, good for them then, at least they owned their mistake. I've seen 100 accusations of fakery/devoness etc, which means you've seen 200. And most, after prolonged battles, are still here or got off scot-free.

I love it when the CC ladies post the occasional devo alert LOL.

Wow, I guess I am learning new things all the time, some of them unpleasant. I had no idea these people existed, and even though I was taken in by the whole Mark/Annie fiasco I assume the perpetrator was walking and did not have her/his house filled with ortho equipment. Of course, I could be wrong on that since I was so clueless about these wannabes. I just rented the movie from Amazon and watched it. Very weird, across the boards. I do not want to give anything away to anyone who might rent it, but parts of it did make my skin crawl, and no explanation near the end of the movie did much to lessen that. It was worth watching in the same way that a crash brings people out to see the destruction.......

So many people have freaky last Letters >ism style Fettishis

I want to walk
    They do not know how rough our lives are
    Then again They live in a dream world because of mental illness .

When they lose it all then they will know how to appreciate life in Reality .