Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: wheelchair wannabes

To me I believe it has to be something about being loved and attention. I have to admit that the comfort and "special" attention I get sometimes is quite humbling, bu tat the same time, if I were "good" I wouldn't get half of it.
    I think some people are so desperate for that "special love" they will do anything to get it.

This reminds me of one night at the store I saw this guy and this kid. The guy gets out of his truck and pulls a walker out the back and uses it. He looked to walk just fine to my shuffle to the door myself with a walker. I said "nice walker" and he laughed.
    I often wonder about that guy...He even opened the door just fine. However I try to live and let live and accept that some people need things like this to get that closure...

Actually making themselves disabled is very out there... I feel sorry for anyone who feels the need to go that far for love...

Now if they do it to get free parking....damn....I have a problem with that lol.

I went on her blog (god help me i don't know why) and she was going on about how thrilled she was when she got an invacare chair that looked real and she could go out in public using her fake accident story (do you know how many people in chairs would kill to have walked away from their car accidents? how insulting is lying about one). anyway she said she loves how people stare at her, and help her and she goes and tries on shoes and gets turned on by the person helping her.

that's just what we need, AB people finding out these sickos exist. some of us depend on others for a wide variety of things for help (generally with a very low injury i get by independently but still occasionally ask for help at the grocery store or with doors). people who are helping and find out about these pretenders will feel used and should feel that way. that negatively effects us. yeah it's not a parking spot or government benefits but when people with real disabilities now have to go around defending their legitimacy, that's a major problem. we have enough other worries.

the fact she doesn't realize this is shocking. she runs around saying we're all bitter and angry and homophobic (you like wheelchair sex? FINE! keep it at home.) and every other insult under the sun for not accepting her. she claims to devote her life to understanding mobility disabilities she'd understand this. if she was so confident in being a pretender she would TELL PEOPLE IN PUBLIC THAT. but she doesn't and she pretends she has a severe injury to con people into providing her sexual pleasure.

i'm too angry to think about this anymore. i'm not even going to call her a freak because that fuels her delusional argument about being a pretender, she's just pathetic and is living a sad little lie. she acts all empowered but she's so dissatisfied with herself she has to pretend to be hurt to lap up affection. argh. on the bright side i can't imagine how toxic she must be to live this kind of lie and then get off trying to defend it and make us look like the bad people. i hope someday in public when people are helping her and she's getting off she gets called out for the fake she is and it doesn't end like her little fantasy things it should.

I cannot wrap my mind around people what pretending to be disabled? lol this makes me laugh. This cannot be real.

Saranoya, You hold your head up high. The chair is the best alternative for ya. It takes a lot of courage to do what you are doing. Makes me sad that you doubt yourself for decisions that are obviously sound.

I just read that article. I can't believe that there are actually people out there who fake all of this stuff, because they feel "sad or want attention".

I have had a genetic defect since birth (was finally offically diagnosed when I was 19), and have a L4-5 SCI since 2006 (due to an accident while camping). I have had to use a manual wheelchair since 2006. Prior to this, I could use a rolling walker with KAFO braces. They tried to get it to where I could still walk with a walker after my SCI in rehab, but it was so hard to do with those Hip KAFO's, that I'd be flat out exhausted after only a couple of steps. So, they strongly said I'd have to use a wheelchair for mobility. I agreed. The only time I don't use a wheelchair is when I am in a place with no wheelchair access to the bathroom or something like that. I have forearm crutches that my uncle hooked to the back of my wheelchair, so I could get into these places that a wheelchair wouldn't go (I just swing my legs through the forearm crutches to move).

These people who fake illnesses and disabilities, because they enjoy it, should be ashamed of themselves. There are people out there who have no choice but to use wheelchairs to get around, due to SCI, birth defects, progressive diseases, etc.
    When I first joined Facebook, a lady asked to be my friend for the Farmville game we were playing. I accepted her request, but after 2 months, I started to receive weird messages from her. I did some investigating and discovered that she was part of a group of women who faked disabilities to be on SSI and other disability programs. In fact, one lady this other one was friends with said that she saved up to buy a fancy standing chair, so she could stay in her wheelchair, yet be able to stand when she felt like it. I couldn't believe it! I sent this lady a message and told her that I was truly disabled and that she was stupid for faking a disability just to get out of working, and then I deleted her from my friends list.

Quote Originally Posted by Unconstruct View Post
    To me I believe it has to be something about being loved and attention. I have to admit that the comfort and "special" attention I get sometimes is quite humbling, bu tat the same time, if I were "good" I wouldn't get half of it.
    I think some people are so desperate for that "special love" they will do anything to get it.

This reminds me of one night at the store I saw this guy and this kid. The guy gets out of his truck and pulls a walker out the back and uses it. He looked to walk just fine to my shuffle to the door myself with a walker. I said "nice walker" and he laughed.
    I often wonder about that guy...He even opened the door just fine. However I try to live and let live and accept that some people need things like this to get that closure...

Actually making themselves disabled is very out there... I feel sorry for anyone who feels the need to go that far for love...

Now if they do it to get free parking....damn....I have a problem with that lol.
    I have seen TONS of people with those disability placards that do not look disabled one bit. One time, when my friend took me to the hospital to get my Botox injections in my bladder, a man had one of those placards in a van accessible parking spot. My friend confronted him, saying that we really need that spot to bring a lift down for me to get out of the van. He just looked at us, and said "I can park anywhere I damn well please. Besides, I get to my appointments faster this way.". I could not believe it!!! I fliped the guy off as my friend drove around, trying to find another spot to bring a wheelchair lift down on her van.

Arrow Some people crave attention

Some people crave attention
    Others find the feelings of being incapacitated or disabled a sexual turn on

There are some that abuse these place cards etc... but maybe they are possibly dropping off a handicappedd disabled person , spouse , friend !!!

No joking is online fraternity groups where some Unique people use their Fake disability thing as a way of hooking up with others into that diapered crap mentality thing EEEEwwww
    I am not a judger
    It is unreal the extremes some ppl go through to get their Rocks off .

This then is a Mental illness

Kinda turns my stomach but on a diff site a dude loves blogging , talking about him crapping himself and how lazy he is not to make a change for better

I dont care
    this is just human behavioral traits that manifest from many bizzare semi cults

What is hard is I get frustrated having to assemble , undold and get in my wheelchair wayyyy out in the middle of a parking lot 1 mile away because some people abuse the parking laws and handicap spots the blue card frenzy like a pack of vultures because they are too lazy to know that some of us really needed that important pkng spot etc...

It takes all types of crazies to engulf this beautiful world
    I gave up complaining
    Now I just do my thing and make a change
    Last edited by GL; 10-03-2011 at 06:06 AM.

I think anyone who fakes a disability because they crave attention is more than a little bizzare. I guess I also resent it too, if for no other reason than most of my life was spent getting my employer's to see me as a person with certain skill sets first and as person with a disability second. The phrase "special attention" makes my skin crawl, because if it is special then by definition it is specifically based on disability, which often can be translated into a lesser status, or not having to conform to the rules of society because someone is disabled. If something thinks there is something liberating about that stance I offer that it is not that different that a form of slavery, which offered housing and work at the cost of being seen as a person of lesser status. "Special attention" is wanting to be thought of as one of "Jerry's kids" or some other contrived word that means both sad and outside the realm of normal human dynamics. No thanks. If this is what someone craves they have big problems emotionally, and would be better off seeking serious professional help than lusting over a wheelchair.