Thread: UHH "cost of disability"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

UHH "cost of disability"

Ok I can't do the jobs I would if I was an ab(army solider or vet nurse)
    What can I do with right hempledia and use both manual and power chair? I don't want the standard officey type job

What do you want to do? Don't let your disability dictate your profession or work life. For most jobs that are not totally manual labor, there are modifications you can make.

What education do you have? Most jobs you can do from a wheelchair require education...at least a college degree (bachelor's degree). Examples would be teaching, computer science, book keeping, etc. Others require an advanced degree (masters or doctorate) such as social worker, psychologist, engineer, attorney, accountant, etc. If you don't have that type of education, make plans to get it. I have clients who are all of the above, as well as a state supreme court judge, stock broker, web site designer, and a realtor.

Is career counseling and vocational rehabilitation available to you? Take advantage of these programs. They can help you identify a field that interests you. You won't do well just taking any major. It needs to be something you want to spend your life doing.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Is career counseling and vocational rehabilitation available to you? Take advantage of these programs. They can help you identify a field that interests you. You won't do well just taking any major. It needs to be something you want to spend your life doing.

(KLD)
    I have an appointment with voc rehab.Ive had a bad experience with them.New case manger.

and have NO IDEA ABOUT JOBS