Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Handicapped tags post your possible violators pix

Handicapped tags post your possible violators pix

My questionable use of the day ....

Oh man, I hope you got the license plate. Send it to directv and get that asshat fired.

Formerly The People's Republic of Palo Alto, Now The Urban Wasteland - Orange, CA
    I ought to start taking photos and paying more attention to cars parked without tags.

I do have a photo - an "Only in Palo Alto" type of photo, of a handicap spot, at the Stanford stadium.

Whoever owns it is not a violator. Or maybe not - I don't know, other than I know those cars are very hard to get in and out of, and there's no way to get a wheelchair into one...

Keep in mind that not everyone who has a legitimate placard is a wheelchair user. People with amputations, those who use canes, crutches or walkers, and people with cardiac and pulmonary disabilities also can usually legitimate get and use a placard and handicapped parking.

Anyway, I would suggest instead of posting your photos here that you use this website instead, which is set up for that purpose:

http://www.handicappedfraud.org/index.php

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoPixie View Post
    I ought to start taking photos and paying more attention to cars parked without tags.

I do have a photo - an "Only in Palo Alto" type of photo, of a handicap spot, at the Stanford stadium.

Whoever owns it is not a violator. Or maybe not - I don't know, other than I know those cars are very hard to get in and out of, and there's no way to get a wheelchair into one...
    Nice, gotta love Shallow Alto.

Formerly The People's Republic of Palo Alto, Now The Urban Wasteland - Orange, CA

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Great website! Thanks for the link. Fairly extensive listing of violators, names, license plate numbers - the whole shebang as they say!

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Keep in mind that not everyone who has a legitimate placard is a wheelchair user. People with amputations, those who use canes, crutches or walkers, and people with cardiac and pulmonary disabilities also can usually legitimate get and use a placard and handicapped parking.

Anyway, I would suggest instead of posting your photos here that you use this website instead, which is set up for that purpose:

http://www.handicappedfraud.org/index.php

(KLD)
    I don't know KLD, that site's blog is mostly shoe spam, it mentions "President-elect Obama" on its homepage and is trying to sell me swag and post-its. I think posting to that site is shouting in the wind.

I get so exasperated and pissed taking pictures and stewing.
    Last winter when snow was piled high we had a terrible time getting a spot. A reporter was going to do a story on why tickets are not issued and then dropped it after talking to 2 police officers.
    No one gives a shit it feels like. When you have a big van with a ramp and need the room for me to load and unload a big chair it is extra hard.
    I got in a lady's face at a German fest for blocking a curb cut. A man in a scooter, walker and some stroller people applauded me, but my anger scared me and mortified my mother for the rest of the day.
    Grrrr.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I got in a lady's face at a German fest for blocking a curb cut. A man in a scooter, walker and some stroller people applauded me, but my anger scared me and mortified my mother for the rest of the day.
    Grrrr.
    Yep, I know it angers more my husband than me..he got so angry at a motercycle driver who blocked my ramp..I was really worried he would get in a fight and get arrested! I never saw him that angry and never want to see that much energy/stress/emotion/ wasted in this way again.

There has to be a better way. I mean a fun quick shopping trip to HomeGoods was ruined. geez..
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    Yep, I know it angers more my husband than me..he got so angry at a motercycle driver who blocked my ramp..I was really worried he would get in a fight and get arrested! I never saw him that angry and never want to see that much energy/stress/emotion/ wasted in this way again.

There has to be a better way. I mean a fun quick shopping trip to HomeGoods was ruined. geez..
    I agree. It was against my nature to act that way, but it just came from inside. I felt nearly violent which was totally not me.
    2 summers ago after a 2 mo hospital stay hub had a new trach, no voice looked fragile.
    We were at our first doc appt and came outof the clinic to the curb cut blocked by a lay who was running something in. It was a hot day and they were laying new tar down on top of it and I wanted to get him out of there.
    She came out and said hi, smiled (no I'm sorry) and I did not answer, just probably looked annoyed, but held it in. She said "smile-you are lucky to be alive...."
    I lost it and swear if she had not been getting inside her car already I would have jumped on her back. I screamed and swore she should walk her fat ass next time and she sped off.
    I never felt such rage-I swear I would have crashed into her if had the chance.
    I'm not proud of this one bit. It was like I was protective to a fault and some crazy rage kicked in.
    Now I just shut up and bear it.