Thread: Insurance???

Insurance???

Anyone have ideas for insurance other than Medicare? I do not need Social Security but I am ineligible for any insurance other than within an existing group. I cannot get Medicare w/o applying for Social Security.

All of my medical related to my injuries is covered through a no-fault policy, but I cannot get insurance for anything else (general care) due to my "pre-existing" condition.

Obamacare (aka "Affordable Care Act") . . . when it's fully implemented. Maybe some of it is already available.

Here's their link for pre-existing condition concerns.

I also found this link:

Attachment 41797
    Last edited by chasmengr; 08-28-2011 at 10:53 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Are you working? What is your reluctance to apply for SSDI?

(KLD)

I had over three decades of group insurance through my employment. No one cared that I had a disability because it was group coverage, nor did I pay more towards it than any other employee.

Quote Originally Posted by LNelson View Post
    Anyone have ideas for insurance other than Medicare? I do not need Social Security but I am ineligible for any insurance other than within an existing group. I cannot get Medicare w/o applying for Social Security.

All of my medical related to my injuries is covered through a no-fault policy, but I cannot get insurance for anything else (general care) due to my "pre-existing" condition.

Nelson, The link that chas posted is a good one. I signed up with them a few month ago. Pre-existing is a requirement with them. You can't have any other heathcare provider and you must so proof that you've been turned down for insurance within the last 12 months. It does carry a high deductibles. Depending on what plan you take it's about 250.00 to 363.00 a month. And the different in plans is basically the deductibles. I haven't made a claim yet so I can't tell you if I will have any problems with that. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by LNelson View Post

Where do you live? In some states (assuming that you are in the USA) have high risk pools that offer insurance. MN does and I have heard of other offering similar.

Good luck.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRainman View Post
    Nelson, The link that chas posted is a good one. I signed up with them a few month ago. Pre-existing is a requirement with them. You can't have any other heathcare provider and you must so proof that you've been turned down for insurance within the last 12 months. It does carry a high deductibles. Depending on what plan you take it's about 250.00 to 363.00 a month. And the different in plans is basically the deductibles. I haven't made a claim yet so I can't tell you if I will have any problems with that. Good luck.

I was looking into this as well. But it clearly states that you have to be without insurance for a half year. What if something happens in that half year? I am on contra right now and have a coupe months left to go, not quite sure what to do .....thoughts?