Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irene is causing me MISERY

Irene is causing me MISERY

Well I have tried to stay out of here. Staying busy has helped me not focus on my legs and I have been doing so much better.

Cat keeps me busy.

However, this freaking hurricane has me in misery. I had a pretty stressful week as we finally closed on my house yesterday. It wasn't without nerve wreaking drama though. So I guess it is not all Irene.

I am on fire....once again. The skin has been peeled off with sand paper and rubbing alcohol is being drizzled down over the open places where sand paper has taken the skin off the bottoms of my legs all while invisible devils stab me in various spots with ice picks. Throw in a few knocks with a hammer here and there every few minutes and squirt them with an ice filled super soaker gun....while sitting under a ceiling fan....have to feel the breeze on top of all this.

Can somebody just shoot me now? I hate life sometimes
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Wow, I hope you feel some relief soon...
    Incomplete T-12/L-1

I can relate DD ...... can't wait until it is passed.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I, too, can relate. I get this incredible pain in my legs whenever the weather changes.
    Daniel

Sorry, I can relate too I think it is the blessing of being an incomplete...
    TH 12, 43 years post

The weather changes constantly in Montreal and my legs don't like it one bit. And season to season too. I haven't been in a hurricane but I'm sure it sucks. Good luck, I hope it passes soon!
    Never Give Up!

Proud mom of a US Marine Sgt., Camp Lejeune, NC
    Hang in there DD, it'll be over soon.
    If the Army & the Navy ever look on heavens scenes, they will see the streets are guarded by United States Marines!

www.jccarolinaformals.com
    www.myspace.com/jccarolina
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/JC-Car...10436735695158

So sorry DD......all storms get me...large and small, so I know your level of pain right now all too well. It stinks. Wish I had a magic pill or a way to help you deal with it. I know some people say they go to bed and sleep through it......I've never had that luxury. I am unable to get any sleep when things get that bad. Just hang in there and try and let Cat take your mind off of it as much as you can.

Cat was gone this weekend. Unfortunately Larry does not understand central pain...so it has been a trying weekend to say the least. "I get around so well"....but I have no concentration and I hide my pain. I don't talk about it. I shut myself off.

I am still on fire even today. I tripled my topamax and took extra oxy. I finally knocked out about 9:45ish.

Some days I think dying would just be a relief.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Irene has arrived in Montreal and my left leg is not liking her welcome! Not so bad that I need to take anything but not that good. Is it just me of is the weather getting worse year by year?
    Never Give Up!