Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irene

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Irene

To Everyone on the East Coast. Good luck and stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by lepups3 View Post
    To Everyone on the East Coast. Good luck and stay safe.
    thanks, the wind and rain has been pounding my place since last night, also lost power during the night, guess the eye is over me now, it's slowed down, saw shingles all over the yard and trees down everywhere.
    we don't realize how much we use electric til it's lost, got my generator hooked up and running, just waiting for the second wave now
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Keep us posted bruce. Glad you have a generator.

yep, still raining it's butt off, but i think the worst is past, knock on wood!
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Glad to hear you're alright, Bruce. Still waiting here on Long Island - lots of rain but not much wind yet. The overnight hours may be interesting....

i see we have tornado warnings north of nyc , and i just saw the first flashes of lighting in the last 15 minutes, tomorrow will be the day for us,i saw one news report that flooding is going to be a problem . the wind is my worry.
    cauda equina

yeah i was waken about 2am this morning with the sounds of my house being beaten to crap with rain and wind and kept up all day, still a high wind now and then, but mostly calmed down some.
    i just out and fueled up my generator for the night
    Ronald Reagan

i lived thru tornadoes in iowa growing up, a volcano in seattle, over 6.2 earthquakes in CA (or whatever the whittier quake was in the 90's, waa 6. something and i was at epicenter. my home was a mess). i'm glad to be back in seattle area, where things pretty calm. take care, bruce. i can't deal w/those kind of storms now i'm in chair. was bad enough before. actually, was in chr in bad whittier quake. my son in crib near me, all i could do was listen to everything in house crashing. tg it was early enough in a.m. i wasn't at work, as large ceiling monitor crashed on my desk.

Proud mom of a US Marine Sgt., Camp Lejeune, NC
    we finally have the power back on here. I'm hearing there's been a few casualties from the storm. But the worst is over now in NC. The clean up an recovery starts in the morning.
    If the Army & the Navy ever look on heavens scenes, they will see the streets are guarded by United States Marines!

www.jccarolinaformals.com
    www.myspace.com/jccarolina
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/JC-Car...10436735695158

It's blanketed new York state. I'm in buffalo and have to drive home in winds and rain. Gonna be fun!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/