Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: my son is c1-2 quad on vent

Quote Originally Posted by Bryans Mom View Post
    what the heck is this????
    ignore it. it's just nonsense.

Gang I took care of it no more golfer goof spam Dont worry

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    Being trapped in the body is something so hard for me to explain it brings me back to bad memories but I also can relate to how frustrated he feels Please let him know I hope the young man is feeling better I am thinking of him

Sincerely ; GL

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    Gang I took care of it no more golfer goof spam Dont worry

__________________________________________________ ________________________
    Being trapped in the body is something so hard for me to explain it brings me back to bad memories but I also can relate to how frustrated he feels Please let him know I hope the young man is feeling better I am thinking of him

Sincerely ; GL
    thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    thank you!
    Yes! Thank you Weird... never had that happen before...

Quote Originally Posted by Bryans Mom View Post
    Did you find insurance that covered it? He only has Medicare/Medicaid. Would one have to go to certain states or wherever to get this done?
    Yes it was covered here in Oregon by "CARE OREGON ADVANTAGE". The procedure was performed through the Oregon clinic by Dr. swanstrom At GOOD Samaritan hospital.If you contact synapse bio-medical they may be able to direct you to A MD / clinics near you that can perform the procedure.

I am very happy with the pacer.I've been able to lower my vent to just pressure support of 8.And I am able to go off the vent .Just had my stim levels turned up at the clinic and as is well.It was placed on Aug 29th.It's definatley worth checking out for anybody on a vent.

Hi Bryans Mom,I am sorry I didn't get to you sooner,but I needed a break.I asked mods to not send emails.I was going to take a few more days off from the forum,but I decided to check on everything last night...something told me to.
    I saw your reply,and if it okay I will send you PM.

I know you said your son is not into chatting,and you said "if you'd feel up to being rejected" are you kidding me, that is something I am use to.( kinda joking )LOL. I would like to talk with your son,not about living with a SCI and the crap that goes with it.I enjoy talking about guy stuff,and if he does not choose to say but a few words that's cool.He can still read my stupid messages.I am stubborn;he will get tired of me sending messages,and have to reply sooner or later.I know I am a little wild when it comes to my posts,but don't *worry...PLEASE don't worry.

Tell your son that we do not know what it's like to be him,BUT we can definitely relate...especially the anger part.Your thread stuck out when I was reading...I'm glad I read it.The cursing and anger is something I know about too well. I'm pissed now,the table I'm sitting at is filthy...where is the paper towels and Purell?Damn germs!

I hope your son and myself can joke and BS.

Talk with you soon.
    Gunnslinger8

BTW I would like my friends to hold kobe while I PUNCH him in the face!
    Sorry Bryans Mom,but I had to get that off my chest...they always post on threads they shouldn't!

Hi Sandy, I think you should change your name to Bryans Great Mom. I think anyone who goes as far as yourself to help your son is "Great". The fact is there is many who have no one,or the SCIs' that do have family,have given up. I have seen it where I live. I hope your son can appreciate that,and he needs to know that when no one cares...you start to also. I am grateful to my family and friends...to be honest if I didn't have them I would have passed long ago. Enough of that crap...it's Saturday...fun day!

Well,I thought I would just say hi.
    Oh What is your son interested in...tv shows and stuff like that?

Gunnslinger8

Hi Sandy,

We've exchanged a few messages on Facebook. But regarding your questions in the original post... the "numb" and "imaginary" feelings I can identify with. Most of my body feels numb, and though I don't really feel like I have imaginary limbs, someone can hold my arm above my head -- where I can visibly see it -- and yet it will feel like it's by my side. Might that be what Bryan means by imaginary?

I understand the frustration with Natspeak. There's an add-on command package that is free to people with significant physical disabilities called "KnowBrainer" (see KnowBrainer.com) which addresses some of Natspeak's shortcomings. I'm actually planning to work with the developer of KnowBrainer, Lunis Orcutt, to see what we can do to make KnowBrainer even more helpful for people who need to operate their entire computer by voice.

Didn't you once say Bryan has computer-skills in his background? Perhaps he could get into this project. Maybe it could be his niche. Everyone needs to find their niche, something they can enjoy and that they are passionate about. I believe finding one's niche in life is a great way to alleviate depression and "find" happiness.

I'd also like to learn more about the Darci USB controller that Scaper1 mentioned, but it's $300 plus shipping -- and they don't know if it works with Windows 7 64-bit, which is what I need to run Natspeak on. Maybe they will let me test it for free... hey, they cannot say yes if I don't ask!

God bless all.

Bill Miller
    Last edited by BillMiller823; 10-12-2011 at 04:59 AM.
    Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.

Bill Miller, you always have the BEST ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by teena View Post
    Bill Miller, you always have the BEST ideas...
    Thank you Teena, I'm just trying to help.

The CareCure Community as a whole is helpful, and I try to do my part where & when I can.

I'm in graduate school for a ME degree (Masters in Entrepreneurship) and was given an assignment to have an article published on a topic about which we can be considered an expert. So, initially, I figured I could write about high-level SCI and ventilator use, and "finding" happiness after such an injury. But I wanted to make my thoughts applicable to more people (and to incorporate entrepreneurial thoughts also). So I generalized them a bit, and ended up writing "Finding Happiness After Personal Tragedy."

Here's the article for anyone interested:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Finding-Ha...edy&id=6598275

Sorry for the aside; I'm not trying to hijack the thread.

Bill
    Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.