Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: THE TIME HAS COME!

Clarity!

As someone once stated on this thread, can we have some clarity. First as I stated recently I want to thank Dr. Young for posting some new relavent studies on work being done with the omentum. For those interested I'm going to list some areas that may be interesting to investigate yourselves instead of always waiting for others to. Check out the work being done at Wayne State University with the omentum, Check out Evan Synder at Harvard and his work with creating a polymer bridge, how about looking into the fine work being done in Iceland with the WHO under the direction of Laurence Johnston, Phd.

Curtis and others who bother to read the posts thank you for the honest words. All that was ever said about Dr. Lima was that he contacted me. I do rehab. Those who do procedures to help heal the injured spinal cord understand that it will involve specialized, aggressive therapy. I hope that clears things up.

God Bless

Arnie Fonseca
    new e-mail: arnief@cox.net

[This message was edited by Arnie on Aug 12, 2002 at 08:56 AM.]

Arnie, what is it that you are alluding to as far as research at Wayne State University?

I talk to Dr. Harry Goshgarian on a regular basis regarding his theophylin trials. It has been a couple of months, but he mentioned that there wasn't anything new to report in his last e-mail.

"For those interested I'm going to list some areas that may be interesting to investigate yourselves instead of always waiting for others to. Check out the work being done at Wayne State University with the omentum, Check out Evan Synder at Harvard and his work with creating a polymer bridge, how about looking into the fine work being done in Iceland with the WHO under the direction of Laurence Johnston, Phd."

And the people here do do their investigating. Which is why most have now heard plenty about omentum transposition without seeing actual film clips of a human before and after the procedure. I am asuming that you and Meeker have both looked into attending the annual Neuroscience Symposium which will be held in Florida this year where you can also meet people such as Evan Snyder and discuss his work with him. If you haven't, please check out the website for the Society For Neuroscience. As for Dr Goldsmith, he can meet Dr Young in October during the festivities surrounding the SCIProject's 5th anniversary along with the wonderful Dr Patricia Morton and the always helpful Dee and Marcela who keep the offices at the Keck Neuroscience Center running smoothly.

I admit I haven't kept up with WHO since we left Rome but why wasn't the conference held at WHO's world headquarters in Rome? And isn't Lawrence Johnston a journalist these days? I'm just wondering why the conference wasn't under the direction of Iceland's ambassador to the WHO.

PS..for those unfamiliar with WHO it is the World Health Organization and its main offices are in Rome, Italy. This is why the US and most other countries have 3 ambassadors in Italy: one to the Italian government in Rome, one to the Holy See, normally in Rome but occassionally in a smaller town near Rome and one to the the WHO, also in Rome.

I didn't realize.....

that Arnie was in a wheelchair. www.circleoffriends.org/cgi-bin/forum.pl?Forum=para&Detail=N00299 and N00318

none

facts about the W.H.O.

Sue, most likely inadvertently, stated that the World Health Organization is headquartered in Rome, Italy.
    The fact is, (and please check this out for yourself,) they are headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland,
    Aveneu Appia 20
    1211 Geneva 27
    Switzerland

Tel: (+41 22) 791 2111
    Fax: (+41 22 791 3111)
    Telex: 415 416
    telegraph: Unisante Geneva
    General Information: info@who.int

Meeker

jrm design art studio

[This message was edited by meeker on Aug 13, 2002 at 08:03 PM.]

[This message was edited by meeker on Aug 13, 2002 at 08:04 PM.]

Inadvertedly? Thank you Meeker. I think I need a rectocranialmyloplasia or whatever Chris politely calls it. I was thinking of the FAO in Rome and mixing it up with the WHO. Both are UN organizations but as you pointed out, the World Health Organization is headquartered in Geneva while the Food and Agriculture Organization is in Rome. Thanks for the gentlemanly out.