Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I am in big trouble

I am in big trouble

Freak fall last weekend and badly fractured femur. C. diff symptoms and old wound opened. I am back home. Mrs. 55 and I are faced with the challenge of our lives to keep me out of a nursing home. We are trying to put together a massive support system to deal with the problems and get me out of bed.

Computing is difficult. I do not know when I will be back.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Blog Entries
    so sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you guys

Thumbs up

Keep the faith- you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    4xquad

Very sorry to hear this bad news. And Hurricane Irene is coming at an especially inopportune moment. I hope you and Mrs. 55 pull through this OK.

So sorry 55. Hope you get everything worked out and heal quickly.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Hi "55,"
    So very sorry to hear of your run of bad luck. My sister has a saying, "If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all." Well, right now, you might very well be feeling that way yourself.

I hope you and "Mrs. 55" will find some reasonable and acceptable solutions. Is your leg in a cast or set with external fixation? Hopefully the leg will heal fast, about 6 weeks, but more troublesome is that old would opening up and the demands of C. dif care and treatment. You've survived so well through all these years on intelligent and proactive care and management, I'm sure you will find a way to manage again this time. If you need to go into a care facility for a short time to get care for yourself and respite for "Mrs. 55," I hope there are some good options in your neighborhood.

The two of you are in our thoughts and we look forward to hearing from you in short updates in the coming weeks.

All the best,
    GJ and NL

So sorry! I hope it all comes together.

Sorry to hear 55. I too hope you and Mrs 55 make it through this just fine.
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such difficult times. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong, think positive!

So sorry....sounds like you decided to take a chapter out of our book...my husband had similar things...including a busted femur that is now in external fixation with the hopes of it healing (if it doesn't...a metal plate is the next option). Here's to hoping your recovery goes faster than my husband's and that this is all you and your wife would need to deal with.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss