Thread: Bowel Program Issues

Bowel Program Issues

Lately I have been having problems going. I usually go with digital stim (no suppositories) but that has not been working. I'll go a little bit but for the past couple of months its takes a severe case of diarrhea before I actually consider it a bm, and then back to the same tiny movements and then a week later diarrhea.

Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to make it more regular?

Thanks for any help!

Joe

I had a similar problem and solved it (mostly) with miralax (polyethylene glycol). I take about a 1/3 of a full dose every night with a glass of water. It took a little while to dial in the right amount but that seems to counter act the constipation that my pain medicine causes.

Shredded Wheat (or Frosted Mini-Wheats) also works. A cup full a day works for me. It does sometimes cause surprises, but the constipation / diarrhea cycle is broken. And, stool is soft enough to flow without straining, but not runny.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I had a similar problem and solved it (mostly) with miralax (polyethylene glycol). I take about a 1/3 of a full dose every night with a glass of water. It took a little while to dial in the right amount but that seems to counter act the constipation that my pain medicine causes.
    Apparently Miralax is called Movicol here. Movicol has been the thing which has made the most difference to my bp. After years of constipation, the crapping myself with senna, and other things like lactulose not doing much, Movicol has made this area of my life easier.

Citrucel and colace.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

I'm still trying to figure out how much and how often to use the Miralax. I'm trying every other day now......we'll see.
    Last edited by smokymtn memories; 08-26-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Just like evryone said, I've found the PEG 3350 (Miralax) helpful, or just eating alot of beans (or other fiber). If I get a little backed up anyway, I will take Cascara Sagrada or a smaller dose of Senna, which I do by making smooth move tea and only drinking 2/3 of it. Best wishes of peristalsis to you- Mutton

I would try the suppository first then do the dig stim.with stool softeners. or try Enemeez.
    CWO