Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tethered cord diagnosis/surgery

Sorry for my rant earlier, I'm trying to stay calm. I did talk to the PA to my dr and she said not to worry about it, that she changed it from a three day stay to a 24 hour observation, that they would more than likely approve that, and then they could take it day by day as I'm in the hospital as to how long I need to be there.

I feel much better after talking to her. Not quite so ready to kicky booty LOL

Yes, they will be cutting the dura, so I was told by the dr that it would be minimum 3-5 days flat on my back(depending on how much they have to cut) before I could even get out of bed, which is why it just hit me SO wrong when I saw that denial.

But, the dr's office, and esp his PA, is wonderful, and they are going to do whatever's necessary, which alieves my fears of being kicked out on my butt by the insurance.

It's a shame ins. is such a "business" now instead of actually being there when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyedVAGirl View Post
    Sorry for my rant earlier, I'm trying to stay calm. I did talk to the PA to my dr and she said not to worry about it, that she changed it from a three day stay to a 24 hour observation, that they would more than likely approve that, and then they could take it day by day as I'm in the hospital as to how long I need to be there.

I feel much better after talking to her. Not quite so ready to kicky booty LOL

Yes, they will be cutting the dura, so I was told by the dr that it would be minimum 3-5 days flat on my back(depending on how much they have to cut) before I could even get out of bed, which is why it just hit me SO wrong when I saw that denial.

But, the dr's office, and esp his PA, is wonderful, and they are going to do whatever's necessary, which alieves my fears of being kicked out on my butt by the insurance.

It's a shame ins. is such a "business" now instead of actually being there when you need it.
    No need to apologize. This is a very stressful set of circumstances you face, and it is normal to be apprehensive. The last thing you should have to think about is whether or not your insurance will cover the treatment you need.

I don't want to make a political statement outside the "politics" forum, but there's lots of discussion about this type of "medical loss containment" and "medical rationing" in the politics forum for those who are interested.
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 09-12-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg