Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: We just had an Earthquake

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    yeah jimmy it was kinda creepy but kinda interesting too. I lived in CA for a few years as a kid and have a vague recollection. The quakes totally creeped my mom out so we moved back to the east coast. Hopefully we wont be experiencing anymore or anything worse for a long time? yikes.

now we can look forward to the storm headed up the coast this weekend, right? gawd...
    Love the storms, hurricanes, nor'easterns, I grew up in point pleasant nj and still live there. I surfed a ton growing up and before and after a storm event the waves were absolute heaven, of course there was times when it was absolute crap also, but me and my friends always looked forward hurricane season. I guess I still have some of that mindset in me, I know I don't have the body, I'm walking quad but I know my limits.
    JimmyMack
    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

I am so not in the mood for a hurricane, sigh....
    Me either, and the fact that I live practically on top of the ocean only makes it a little more terrifying. I keep reminding myself that the upside (if a hurricane can have an upside) is that at least this time of year I won't freeze to death if the power goes out for an extended period.

I am so not in the mood for a hurricane, sigh....

Does this mean that there are times when you are in the mood for a hurricane? That must be some mood....

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Does this mean that there are times when you are in the mood for a hurricane? That must be some mood....

Unless, by the way, you get in the mood for one of these hurricanes - in which case I'm right there with you!

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Unless, by the way, you get in the mood for one of these hurricanes - in which case I'm right there with you!
    ooh, well maybe you've give me an idea there jim! lol, guess i wouldn't mind too much, if we could be guaranteed no injuries, power loss, flooding and no destruction of any kind.. yeah i might be in the 'mood' then

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Me either, and the fact that I live practically on top of the ocean only makes it a little more terrifying. I keep reminding myself that the upside (if a hurricane can have an upside) is that at least this time of year I won't freeze to death if the power goes out for an extended period.
    ur right eileen and now that the temp is not as bad, even if we lose power at least we won't roast..i dont know which is worse blizzard, hurricane, blizzard, hurricane..

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    --------------
    Last edited by marycsm77; 08-25-2011 at 05:40 AM.

We went to a concert tonight at a small amphitheater outside of town by a river. The weather was absolutely perfect and the crowd mellow and varied. It was a fund raiser with the symphony and a funk band combining their talents. It was a perfect night.
    Is 't it funny how weather can make such a difference? We have major extremes in my neck of the woods. When it evens out it is heavenly.

We had a 4.2 aftershock around 1:00am that woke me up. All of the west coast guys are laughing at our little trembler but let's see ya follow-up a quake with a category 3 hurricane
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein