Thread: NATURALLY OCCURRING CHEMICAL MAY RESTORE FUNCTION AFTER SPINAL CORD INJURY

NATURALLY OCCURRING CHEMICAL MAY RESTORE FUNCTION AFTER SPINAL CORD INJURY

Spinal cord injuries and strokes cause devastating and often irreversible losses of function.

But a new study led by Dr. Larry Benowitz -- and supported by the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation -- may hold great potential for individuals living with the effects of these and other central nervous system (CNS) disorders.

Dr. Benowitz and his colleagues have explored using inosine -- a naturally occurring chemical found in small amounts in the brain -- to restore function in individuals suffering traumas to the central nervous system.

They have discovered in laboratory tests that by delivering additional inosine to stroke-damaged brains, they can stimulate nerve cells to grow new connections in the areas that had lost function. Those subjects Dr. Benowitz treated with the chemical regained some of their lost motor function, including better control of their limbs in swimming tests.

Because it occurs naturally in the body, inosine may be an effective treatment with relatively few side effects for spinal cord injuries, stroke and other CNS traumas.

Dr. Benowitz's groundbreaking study is just one of the many cutting-edge research projects currently funded by CRPF. To learn more about our research programs, please visit our website at:
    http://www.christopherreeve.org/rese...cfm?MX=123&H=0

What is this about? What did I miss now?
    Is this doable? Has anyone tried it?
    Yeah I knowa, me and my 1000 questions

...It's the heart afraid of breaking,that never learns to dance... It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance... It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give, and the soul afraid of dyin'... That never learns to live...

This is pretty old, I think. Just do a search for inosine. Probably a hundred or more postings on the subject from last year. Wise.

oooops

I found it Dr. Young....
    I guess I just keep getting the same old useless info, oh well... sounded good

...It's the heart afraid of breaking,that never learns to dance... It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance... It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give, and the soul afraid of dyin'... That never learns to live...

Also Polett try a search of Boston Life Sciences (BLSI). They are the scientists / manufacturers behind inosine.

Good effort but relatively old news.

Onward and Upward!

Thanx Chris

...and the soul afraid of dyin'... That never learns to live...