Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Plans to Attend Working 2 Walk 2011 ?

Well, I hear JimmyMack is going to be there too! We'll have a strong crowd there to help us move the science along. Welcome aboard JimmyMack!

I keep trying to "like" posts---too much technology on the brain, I think.

Sue, you had me thinking about the power of technology to communicate. Is there any chance of a live webcast being available?

Quote Originally Posted by jsilver View Post
    ...I will be extremely interested in what Tony Caggiano from Acorda has to say about moving this more quickly towards the clinic. If they hesitate then somebody else will certainly jump in. It is time for action and with help from the Care Cure community we can put strong pressure on Acorda to Work 2 get people Walking (or at least peeing and breathing).
    I know this is an impossible question and it doesn't concern my own situation, but how long before people could dump their vents? That would be huge for so many people.

I admire your attitude. Please don't let Acorda ruin this.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    Sue, you had me thinking about the power of technology to communicate. Is there any chance of a live webcast being available?
    Hi Chaz,

We did look into a live webcast. We were faced with the choice of providing a live webcast OR saving it to a HD to post as a video. We're opting to save it and post as a video like we did last year. This will provide an opportunity for everyone in various time zones and schedules, to view the videos at their convenience. We'll try to get them posted ASAP.

Kate will be live blogging again, so be sure to watch for that.
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Blog Entries
    Yaaaay for Kate! Can't wait to sign on each day to read her posts!

would be cool if someone could set up a video camera and link it to a live stream site such at justin.tv or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by IMHopeful View Post
    Hi Chaz,

We did look into a live webcast. We were faced with the choice of providing a live webcast OR saving it to a HD to post as a video. We're opting to save it and post as a video like we did last year. This will provide an opportunity for everyone in various time zones and schedules, to view the videos at their convenience. We'll try to get them posted ASAP.

Kate will be live blogging again, so be sure to watch for that.
    The live blog is always a fantastic gift.

Would utfp entertain the idea of allowing attendees to stream from their laptops. I know there are a bunch of free services that are amateur but still transmit info. For instance, I have a long time friend living in Colorado who streams music festivals from his iPhone. The audio is a bit rough, but I can still enjoy a show live miles away and be in the moment. I'd also be willing to donate to a fund or sponsor someone to stream. Just some thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    The live blog is always a fantastic gift.

Would utfp entertain the idea of allowing attendees to stream from their laptops. I know there are a bunch of free services that are amateur but still transmit info. For instance, I have a long time friend living in Colorado who streams music festivals from his iPhone. The audio is a bit rough, but I can still enjoy a show live miles away and be in the moment. I'd also be willing to donate to a fund or sponsor someone to stream. Just some thoughts...
    it would be fairly easy for anyone that has the equipment (laptop and video camera w/ probably a tripod) set it up and dont need to touch it all night. ustream.tv and justin.tv are both free to make an account and anyone with the link can watch live. wish i could be there. id be willing to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    it would be fairly easy for anyone that has the equipment (laptop and video camera w/ probably a tripod) set it up and dont need to touch it all night. ustream.tv and justin.tv are both free to make an account and anyone with the link can watch live. wish i could be there. id be willing to do this.
    I guess that some speakers wouldn't feel 100% confortable being in streaming..
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming