Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Who Plans to Attend Working 2 Walk 2011 ?

Dear Dr. Silver ,
    Hi , Thanks so much indeed for your time , quick reply and long explanation . you have a great weekend.
    Last edited by kz; 10-14-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Hi Grammy ,
    hope you are doing great. Thanks so much for all the links . take care .

@kz. Doing great here! Getting all packed and ready for my flight to W2W. (Anxious to hear about all the good research going on in the educational presentations that will be aired on video later). You have a great weekend too! I'll try to watch Kates live blogging on my laptop. She says she's got her fingers all warmed up.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    @kz. Doing great here! Getting all packed and ready for my flight to W2W. (Anxious to hear about all the good research going on in the educational presentations that will be aired on video later). You have a great weekend too! I'll try to watch Kates live blogging on my laptop. She says she's got her fingers all warmed up.
    someone is going to blog about it while they are there? link please!

Quote Originally Posted by jsilver View Post
    Ps. The PEG story is totally bogus.
    Do you mean that all studies using Mg/PEG are bogus and that it has zero protective effects in acute injuries?

BTW, for those who think that PEG=antifreeze, there are many types of PEG and some of you may be drinking some everyday or at least when being prepared for a colonoscopy (PEGlyte, Lax-A-Day, Miralax are examples).
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Amen to that. PEG could fix a few broken worm axons.

For the PEG effect to work, the cut ends of severed axonal membranes have to remain within just a few microns of each other. You can do this in a cold blooded species like worms, but in mammals the severed axonal ends rapidly retract and then dieback further from each other. They rapidly become too far apart to glue back together. Although the idea was interesting, there was never any believable evidence that this would work in a warm blooded species that has axonal retraction and a robust inflammatory reaction to the injury. I don't know where they got the dog movies but they sure do take your breath away. I wish this had panned out, but all the grants and papers that I reviewed of this strategy never made any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    someone is going to blog about it while they are there? link please!
    Kate will be logging into carecure right here. Watch the threads for her posts to begin. She types as fast as she can and does a super job. The video's of the general presentations are posted later on U2FP...

Quote Originally Posted by jsilver View Post
    For the PEG effect to work, the cut ends of severed axonal membranes have to remain within just a few microns of each other. You can do this in a cold blooded species like worms, but in mammals the severed axonal ends rapidly retract and then dieback further from each other. They rapidly become too far apart to glue back together. Although the idea was interesting, there was never any believable evidence that this would work in a warm blooded species that has axonal retraction and a robust inflammatory reaction to the injury. I don't know where they got the dog movies but they sure do take your breath away. I wish this had panned out, but all the grants and papers that I reviewed of this strategy never made any sense.
    Thanks, I will see you this weekend at W2W.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by GJ2 View Post
    Who's up for a dinner on saturday evening @ hooters about 1.5 blocks from the hotel ?

Walking or Rolling Directions

0.2 mi, 4 mins
    Rockville Pike
    0.2 mi, 5 mins
    Halpine Rd and Rockville Pike
    Walking directions to 1584 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852

Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Executive Meeting Center
    1750 Rockville Pike
    Rockville, MD 20852
    1. Head northwest on Rockville Pike toward Halpine Rd
    Destination will be on the right
    0.2 mi

1584 Rockville Pike
    Rockville, MD 20852
    Rockville Pike is super busy and I am not sure if there are sidewalks in that area. Speed limit is aprox 40-50 mph in certain sections.

I would suggest you have someone scout out the walk in advance.
    Every day I wake up is a good one