Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Plans to Attend Working 2 Walk 2011 ?

hmmm, i wish we could have all of jerry silvers postings in a specific thread. it would be much easier to follow along. im so lost now its not even funny. where do i begin to try and catch back up on jerrys findings/studies?

@ Barrington314mx You can read through Dr. Silver's posts and explanations to questions by just clicking on his name, view profile, go to statistics and then hit "view all posts". He hasn't necessary stayed on just one specific topic since he's had several questions that kinda go in different directions. I'm sure some of this will be pretty clear after we see the presentation at Working 2 Walk on the breathing and bladder nerve graft subject. The science on spinal cord injury can be sooooo complicated. Be very patient with yourself as you're trying to sort it out in your own mind. You're not only trying to grasp the injury itself, but also trying to grasp the potential therapies that can be made possible. It all comes together in very small increments.

cool thanks grammy. we decided we wouldnt be able to make it this year, but next year ill be ready and it will be a must on our list!

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    cool thanks grammy. we decided we wouldnt be able to make it this year, but next year ill be ready and it will be a must on our list!
    Thank you Barrington314mx! I'm looking forward to next year also with some of the progressive research that is in the works right now. There really is some exciting things coming along.

Good morning,

It is my understanding that my presentation and those of others with be videotaped at W2W so everybody can view these later on. I'm going to cover 4 different but related areas. First, I'm going to discuss why severed axons don't regenerate because they become tightly entrapped by proteoglycans in the lesion and especially by CSPGs made by certain stem cells. Second, I'm going to review our published story (Nature July 14) of a rather remarkable recovery of respiration using nerve grafts and chondroitinase following C2 hemisection. Third, I'm going to present some brand new and very exciting work using a modification of the previous strategy in a complete spinal cord injury model in rats to restore bladder/urinary function. Fourth, I'm going to present preliminary data (and possibly the most exciting finding of all because this is by far the most easily translated to the clinic) that simply using the ch'ase enzyme after 1 full year following C2 hemisection we can restore a very significant amount of respiratory activity to the chronically paralyzed diaphragm. I will discuss our hypotheses to explain this very surprising and exciting result since this finding may be relevant to many other sensory/motor systems.

Dr.Silver ,
    Hi , hope you are doing fine and thanks so much for your valuable time and coming here to explain all these informations regarding latest research in spinal cord injury. I sent you PM earlier , would you please when you get chance read my pm , although you answered most of my questions here in the cure forum ; thanks so much ineed . your research indeed is giving us (most chronics spinal cord injured people) some real hope with regard to breathing and bladder control and it seems it can be applied in clinical trial now.
    All the best

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Thank you Barrington314mx! I'm looking forward to next year also with some of the progressive research that is in the works right now. There really is some exciting things coming along.
    Hi Grammy

Which of the exciting things coming along could result in walking again for mid thoracics in your opinion? I know many have other priorities quite understandably, but walking is key for me

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    Hi Grammy

Which of the exciting things coming along could result in walking again for mid thoracics in your opinion? I know many have other priorities quite understandably, but walking is key for me

could you pencil me in on the Walking is key for me list too. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
    Hi Grammy

I'd pick good B/B/S with a little weight bearing (for transfers) ahead of walking with current B/B/S

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    I'd pick good B/B/S with a little weight bearing (for transfers) ahead of walking with current B/B/S
    to each his own. i can deal with the BBS if i can walk pretty much normal again. i hate sitting and rolling.