Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DME Etiquette Question

At this point surgically shortening my humerus seems like the way to go. Would a highmount footrest be incompatible with my freewheel? Seems like it might be, I know you can't use the regular flip up footrest. Kinda seems like the only way I'll be able to make headway on these issues is to demo different options.

A thought, is there just something I could put in my seat to make me sit taller?
    Last edited by Locke30; 08-23-2011 at 02:55 AM.

Dang Locke why stop at the shortening of the humerous lol. The FW may have some challenges with a footrest 7" off the ground also.
    Yeah, demoing would be great but most dmes don't have the correct sized chair for you and usually won't adjust it to fit. I think Chas has got you off to a good start.

Pat D. may have a soution for the FW and a footrest that high.

Long arms, short legs makes for a perfect wheeling machine Locke.

I trust you'll post the measurements the dme suggests before ordering.

I wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller, I wish I had a girl who good looked good, I would call her...

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    The FW may have some challenges with a footrest 7" off the ground also.
    Yeah, demoing would be great but most dmes don't have the correct sized chair for you and usually won't adjust it to fit. I think Chas has got you off to a good start.

Pat D. may have a soution for the FW and a footrest that high.

Long arms, short legs makes for a perfect wheeling machine Locke.

I trust you'll post the measurements the dme suggests before ordering.
    i would be really concerned about that 7" and wouldn't think the freewheel would work at that height, that would be quite an angle and wouldn't think it would get a good clamp on the footplate. i would contact Tilite about sitting so high and see what they think, man i worry that's asking to be dumped out and over.
    I often dream of having extremely long arms, transfers and stuff would be so much easier. watching the damn apes at the zoo make me jealous.

I contacted gofreewheel.com asking Pat to jump in here.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Hi Guys,

So the stock FreeWheel is adjustable and works for footrests that are 4.5" off the floor or lower. This measurement is taken from the top front of the footrest. For footrests higher than that I make custom frames. Thay work great and have adjustablity in them as well. Here's a pic of custom frame. (Oh, and a happy camper!)

Pat

Thanks Pat D., That photo also shows what the highmount looks like.

Thanks. I hadn't ordered it just yet, so I will hold off until I know exactly what the footplate situation is.

Thanks, Pat!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Locke, two things: Center of Gravity and double checking seat depth. Are you comfortable with both?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>