Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Juice Cleansing Diet

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    I said an exercise bike inside would supplement the outdoor bike on rainy or snowy days. You forgot to mention that part of the conversation.
    Trying to eliminate the excuses. Can't change people or force
    habits on them. If you want someone who eats well and
    exercises regularly, it'd probably be easier to find someone who
    does so on their own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    I hate to say it... but what about portion control? the food you post looks so tasty, but the portions are more food than I eat in a day of primarily fruits and vegetables, and I'm no skinny minnie. Juice cleanses and fads like that are short term soloutions to health problems that need to be solved in a long term fashion. I mean- a 16 ounce steak? where do you put that if you can't run it off the next day? AND a baked potato?

Realistically are you going to be drinking juice like that for your whole life? no. lean protein, healthy snacks, unprocessed foods (my big switch this year was to whole wheat pasta, and I should have done it years ago, bc you can go to the 50% and then to the whole wheat, and you don't even notice), less white flour and white sugar, nothing out of cans- that's the way to go for sustainable health.
    My plan/idea is to give the Green Juice Diet 7 days and see how I feel. If I feel like the people in the documentary, I may continue longer. I do not plan on doing this my whole life, but I would like to incorporate the juicing into a life style with portion control. We'll see soon. Gonna make my juice in a few minutes, as soon as my daughter gets on the bus.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

This thread is officially renamed:

The "open all windows and doors, pray the wind blows hard, Otis, the blind dog, will never be able to sniff again, OMG where are the gas masks, thank God Cat is at school, how in the heck am I going to stand a week of this" thread!!!!!!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

uh oh...does this mean the juices have 'kicked in', lol

Oh no. It looks like Larry has been supplementing his juice regimen with another kind of "juice."

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Oh no. It looks like Larry has been supplementing his juice regimen with another kind of "juice."
    That was from Friday.

I made my first juice this morning, pretty labor intensive. I juiced 1 whole head of red leaf lettuce, 2 big carrots, 2 small granny smith apples, 4 ribs of celery. Not bad at all, but I don't know how long I'm gonna do this. I'm not giving up yet, but it is a great way to supplement a diet.

Tonja is exaggerating about the gas mask things........I didn't smell a thing.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

I've become a big fan and faithful user of The Ultimate Meal. I'll expound if anyone's interested, but you can get a lot of info from reading customer comments (more here) and the manufacturer's website.

I went to those links you provided and am interested. What do you mix it with and how many times a day? Does it really keep you full?

Quote Originally Posted by Domosoyo View Post
    I went to those links you provided and am interested. What do you mix it with and how many times a day? Does it really keep you full?
    I prepare mine with Rice Dream vanilla rice milk. (Actually, I use the Trader Joe's version, which is just a rebranded version of the identical product at a much lower cost). I add a ripe whole banana and pear as well as some frozen fruit* (mixed berries, mango, pineapple), which I also get from Trader Joe's. I was scared to try it at first after reading some of the user's comments, but I don't find it the least bit unpalatable. I look forward to drinking it every morning. Some days I have it for lunch as well. I find it quite filling, though I don't have a gargantuan appetite. I'm not a "Supersize me" kind of guy.

I also no longer take any vitamin or mineral supplements, as everything you could reasonably want is already in the formula (which "evolves" over time) and in a form that's best assimilated by the body.

*You need an excellent blender to be able to mix frozen fruit. My first blender, a KitchenAid, was not up to the task. I now use a Ninja blender, which takes no prisoners.

Stephen, what does the Ultimate Meal do to your BP? My biggest fear with any of this is having blowouts at work. Did you have to start out slowly or were you able to drink it daily from the start? I need to add good nutrition to my diet as I am not a big eater at all. Thanks for posting about this!
    Last edited by Phillis; 08-22-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo!