Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Juice Cleansing Diet

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    In regards to "I ain't doing that shit". I lost 50+ pounds before I came here to Larry's bar and grill.... I have kept it off but I have not lost any more. It is not easy loosing weight eating a 16 oz steak and baked potato although it is pretty healthy. But if you don't eat every bite of it....it is not good or there is something wrong with it.

I want a four wheeled bicycle because I have never had a flat street that I could ride one on before but for some reason "someone" keeps trying to convince me that I need one in the spare bedroom I can ride while watching TV. I have always been an outdoors person so I don't think I will ride a sedentary bike in the bedroom.

I have colon issues as it is so why would I create issues with a juice diet? I spent years and many doctors trying to figure out the very foods that caused me problems and realizing I could only eat them in small quantities. So eating only those foods in a diet does not make too much sense or does it?
    I said an exercise bike inside would supplement the outdoor bike on rainy or snowy days. You forgot to mention that part of the conversation.

I also didn't ask you to do the juicing with me and I have not forced you to eat anything you didn't want to eat?

I need to learn how to just keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

lol, you guys are funny. Larry i'm sure daisy knows you mean well and only want the best for her. I think it's really nice and caring of you to suggest the bike, whether she wants it or not. Don't keep your mouth shut, i'm sure she wouldn't want that anyway. Play nice Lovaaaaaaaas

ps. i think saying 'I ain't doing that shit" was hysterical, lol
    Last edited by marycsm77; 08-21-2011 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    lol, you guys are funny. Larry i'm sure daisy knows you mean well and only want the best for her. I think it's really nice and caring of you to suggest the bike, whether she wants it or not. Don't keep your mouth shut, i'm sure she wouldn't want that anyway. Play nice Lovaaaaaaaas

ps. i think saying 'I ain't doing that shit" was hysterical, lol

I'm nice......
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

ok, now after seeing the above pic, i'm thinkin I may have to side with you on all further issues daisy, lol

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    ok, now after seeing the above pic, i'm thinkin I may have to side with you on all further issues daisy, lol
    Thats Larry keeping his mouth shut and listening.... happens every time.
    JimmyMack
    Member: New Jersey Commission on Spinal Cord Reasearch
    http://www.state.nj.us/health/spinalcord/index.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    I said an exercise bike inside would supplement the outdoor bike on rainy or snowy days. You forgot to mention that part of the conversation.

I also didn't ask you to do the juicing with me and I have not forced you to eat anything you didn't want to eat?

I need to learn how to just keep my mouth shut and my opinions to myself.
    Hey dude, you seem like a nice guy. I drink nutritional medical food supplements and do an anti-inflammatory alkalyzing diet. Lots of ways to get there, my method helps with gastric issues as well. I am getting the Terra Trike to ride outside and I think you are right, both is better.
    1FineSpineRN

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMack View Post
    Thats Larry keeping his mouth shut and listening.... happens every time.
    HA, poor larry, what has daisy been doing to this poor guy?

The notion of a cleansing diet doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. If a "cleansing diet" is little more than a short detour of so-called healthy eating -- a reprieve from a toxic diet -- then what does it really accomplish? Your body isn't like a garage that you straighten up from time to time because you can't find what you're looking for or can't navigate your way around only to clutter it up all over again.

Tune into Sanjay Gupta's show TONIGHT on CNN @ 8PM. He'll be interviewing Dr. Caldwell Essylstyn who'll be discussing the merits of a plant-based diet. Smoked meat lovers won't like this. But it is what it is.

Preview:
    http://www.cnn.com/2011/HEALTH/08/19...html?hpt=he_c1

From @SanjayGupta: "Sorry gang! This from Sanjay Gupta's twitter: sorry to say: "the last heart attack" will not air tonight/8p."

Preempted by coverage of the events in Libya, the program will air next weekend instead.

ETA: The program will air on Saturday, 8/27 @ 8PM.
    Last edited by stephen212; 08-22-2011 at 03:50 PM.

I hate to say it... but what about portion control? the food you post looks so tasty, but the portions are more food than I eat in a day of primarily fruits and vegetables, and I'm no skinny minnie. Juice cleanses and fads like that are short term soloutions to health problems that need to be solved in a long term fashion. I mean- a 16 ounce steak? where do you put that if you can't run it off the next day? AND a baked potato?

Realistically are you going to be drinking juice like that for your whole life? no. lean protein, healthy snacks, unprocessed foods (my big switch this year was to whole wheat pasta, and I should have done it years ago, bc you can go to the 50% and then to the whole wheat, and you don't even notice), less white flour and white sugar, nothing out of cans- that's the way to go for sustainable health.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.