Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Juice Cleansing Diet

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    Stephen, have you gone veg, vegan yet?
    No and I don't see that happening in the near future, but my diet is very light on the naughty stuff.

The Sanjay Gupta CNN special is now available online.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeMan View Post
    I am not one for gimmicks or fad diets, I know how to lose weight and have done it before. My problem is keeping it off. So I'm flipping through Netflix yesterday and watched the documentary Fat Sick and Nearly Dead. It hit home, this guy took pills everyday because of his health. I take pills for blood pressure, cholesterol, depression, anxiety and acid reflux. Very familiar with 'Joe Cross' (Narrator of the show). I watched his change through the film and that didn't convince me totally, but intrigued me. Then I watched him meet a 436lb truck driver and he didn't originally convince the truck driver. Joe left and gave the driver his number and told him to call when he was ready. Month later the driver called and was at rock bottom. The driver agreed to a 10 day juicing. After the ten days, the driver wanted to go for 30 days because he was feeling great and losing weight. After 30 days, he wanted to continue for 60 days. That's what convinced me to at the least give this a try.

Got on Amazon yesterday and started searching, since I couldn't afford a Breville Juicer like Joe uses and recommends and obviously makes money on. So I found a 1HP Hamilton Beach Big Mouth Juicer for $74.99 and free shipping.

SOOOOOOOO............to the point of this post. I'm gonna 'try' this for 10 days and see how I feel after that. If I feel like the people in the documentary, I may go for a longer period of time.

Has anyone else tried this? Any thoughts or recommendations?

I'll start a new post Monday morning when I start and will try to give a daily update on as much information as I can.

For the record, Tonja said 'I ain't doing that shit'.
    I AM starting this juice fast next Monday. I just saw the documentary, VERY insightful. I quit all meds 6 years ago, and do not have any health problems other than I want to go from 199 back to 150. Please keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by fynalefree View Post
    Please keep us updated.
    The juicer is in the cabinet taking up space. It lasted in Catterbug's words "until I got home from school".

There is no longer juicing going on in the Wolfe household

We had hamburgers, pulled pork, and steak this weekend and it was delicious!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    The juicer is in the cabinet taking up space. It lasted in Catterbug's words "until I got home from school".

There is no longer juicing going on in the Wolfe household

We had hamburgers, pulled pork, and steak this weekend and it was delicious!
    ok then there's the update thanks