Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No handicap parking, no problem

No handicap parking, no problem

My GoShichi conversion can open and close in a regular parking space. I drive from my wheelchair and can unload in a tight spot, even inside my garage. This 4x4 truck can go anywhere and park anywhere. I love it.

Thumbs up

How does it differ from the Elaine Ann Lift? I like the track you are on. Look forward to seeing more pictures and video on your website!
    One day, you might bet me in my dream vehicle - Cadillac Escalade.

Do you have any more pictures of your truck? Who built your truck?

CowboyCrip,

I am not sure how the GoShichi system differs from the Elaine lift. I tried to get a hold of that company that makes the Elaine, I know they're from Canada. I left three messages and nobody called me back. I've tried to locate their website, but it doesn't pull up anymore. Are they still in business? I spoke with somebody that had one, and he was trying to sell it to me. He said it cost him $50,000 plus the cost of the vehicle. But I don't know, I have yet to see one in person.

Sounds like that Escalade conversion could come around quickler than you may think. I am not an engineer, but looking at this I see no reason that it wouldn't work in an Escalade.
    Last edited by imkitch; 10-20-2009 at 02:27 PM.

Hacknsack44,

The conversion is done by GoShichi, which is located in Fort Wayne, Indiana (the same city that builds these full-size four-wheel-drive trucks at GM). You can see more pictures on their website at www.GoShichi.com I believe they are the only company that does a wheelchair assessable conversion for a driver of a 4x4 truck in the states. I have another picture from the same trip. Sorry the quality isn't that great, I took it with my cell phone.

OMG! Thank you for posting this! I was afraid I would be forced to get a "soccer mom" van but now I know it is possible to get a truck or SUV. I don't want to spend a lot of money and end up with a van when I could be using that money for something sweet like what you have going on there. They showed me the vans with the automatic door openers and the whole van would drop like a low rider and a ramp would pop out from underneath but that wouldn't work if you can't find a handicapped parking spot and you would end up with a van that you would normally be able to fit 6 people into the back but could only fit 3 because the middle section of the van needs to be emty so you can get into it and spin to your right.
    Ken

Guns don't kill people. Daddys with cute daughters do!

Any video of you getting in & out?

I am supposed to shoot video this afternoon, so I will post it very soon.

Can't wait to see it.

if you don't mind me asking, what is the cost on that? i love it