Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have to put my dog down tomorrow

i, too, have a mobile vet. though i've never done what you're about to, i'd do it at home if possible. so sorry. this has to be tough night. my thoughts are w/you, fwiw.

Sorry to hear that < I lost 2 dogs of mine in a space of 40 days. Very tough.Still miss them a lot .

sorry for your loss. My dog Spazz just turned 11 in the spring. My parents got him for me for my birthday after I had my spinal cord injury. It's hard watching him get old. He used to love walks, but now doesn't like to go for them (even though I make him but just for a very short walk). He pants a lot now too and he has eye problems. He's here with me all day and never leaves my side. Dogs truly are man's best friend... again sorry for your loss

My sincere apologies. Never easy to lose a pet.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

This breaks my heart...but the sane part of my brain wishes we had the same right to do this for beloved humans.

It's the least we can do, minimize their suffering after all they give us, and I think I may die when it comes my turn. I have a benign growth on my hip named Dingo.

Once I read one of those websites where ppl post anonymous secrets. The only one I remember was from a vet tech. Something like "When the vet gives you the choice to be present or to leave, stay. They look for you when you leave the room."

I believe in heaven for dogs. That much goodness can't just vanish.

Sorry - I'm with ya any day now. Cody-girl is getting so lumpy @ 14yrs she is having a hard time - it's going to be hard for all of us.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

I believe in heaven for pets as it says in the Bible the lamb will lay down with the lion.

Condolences for you today as your dog departs this world. Cheryl

Sorry to read about your joys end. Wish dogs and cats lived longer lives.
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

One of the most helpful books for me has been Coping with Sorrow on the Loss of your Pet by Moira Anderson Allen, M.Ed. Most of the book is available online at the author's website (an expanded and revised edition is available in paperback format and it can also be downloaded to e-readers). The information in the book is honest, genuine, full in scope and helpful on both practical and emotional levels, and Moira's website has been a boon to many people, it certainly was for me - just wanted to mention it to you, Bill. I'm thinking of you and Laddie and your family today - humane and canine. Blessings to you all.

My best friend BG(Big Guy) was a beautiful Collie. I had him cremated so we can be spread to the winds together. It's been 8 years and I miss him. He taught me so much.

I'm really sorry to hear this.