Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have to put my dog down tomorrow

Have to put my dog down tomorrow

Laddie J. Mac Gregor ( friend of man and beastie alike)

13 years old, huge abdominal growth, lung cancer. Thought we'd have him through the summer, stopped eating, drinking not too much, difficulty breathing. Lost a lot wo weight in the last 3 weeks new nickname was "boney maroney"

Will miss the little bugger but it's time.

sad.

Here he is with his posse Callie the white scottie and Murphy the black
    Last edited by bollefen; 08-14-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

I'm so sorry Bill - but I believe they're never very far away - even after death! I wish for both you and Laddie - peace {{{hug}}}

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Blog Entries
    So sorry. Thoughts are with you.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Bill, I cannot tell you how sorry I am. I have had to put three beloved animals down due to cancer, it is a ghastly experience for the humans who love them even though it is a blessing for our animal companions. My heart is with you and Laddie.

So sorry to hear this - have had to do it before, and know how bad it sucks. Hope it helps to know that you're doing the right thing. Thoughts are with you.

So very sorry. They give so much and ask for so little. Condolences.

Hi Bill,
    Tomorrow will be a tough day. Wish you strength. Callie and Murphy will be hurting too.

All the best,
    "GJ"

So sorry Bill. Nothing ever takes the place of our furry friends. Glad he did not have to suffer much. (((hugs Bill)))
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Sorry to / hear / read this as I love animals

So sorry. I hope you will hold him as he passes. You are doing the right thing. I hope this can bring you some comfort:

A Dog's Prayer

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Do not break my spirit with a stick, for though I should lick your hand between the blows, your patience and understanding will more quickly teach me the things you would have me do.

Speak to me often, for your voice is the world's sweetest music, as you must know by the fierce wagging of my tail when your footstep falls upon my waiting ear.

When it is cold and wet, please take me inside... for I am now a domesticated animal, no longer used to bitter elements... and I ask no greater glory than the privilege of sitting at your feet beside the hearth... though had you no home, I would rather follow you through ice and snow than rest upon the softest pillow in the warmest home in all the land... for you are my god... and I am your devoted worshiper.

Keep my pan filled with fresh water, for although I should not reproach you were it dry, I cannot tell you when I suffer thirst. Feed me clean food, that I may stay well, to romp and play and do your bidding, to walk by your side, and stand ready, willing and able to protect you with my life, should your life be in danger.

And, beloved master, should the Great Master see fit to deprive me of my health or sight, do not turn me away from you. Rather hold me gently in your arms as skilled hands grant me the merciful boon of eternal rest...and I will leave you knowing with the last breath I drew, my fate was ever safest in your hands.

--Beth Norman Harris

(KLD)