Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reply and opinion from Wise Young

dr young

Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post
    Dr. Young,

Do you know Dr. Robert Lanza with Advanced Cell Technology and or the work he and his team are doing? Dr Lanza and his team have created HESC cell from a from single blastomere without destroying the embryo. I have pasted part of a document below that better explains Dr Lanzas work, the full document can be seen by clicking on the link. Could these cells be used by you and your lab to treat sci? Feels like all the pieces to the puzzle are, they just need to come together. Thank you Dr Young for all you do and for your time.

To date, the derivation of all human embryonic stem cell (hESC) lines has involved
    destruction of embryos. We previously demonstrated that hESCs can be generated from single blastomeres (Klimanskaya et al., 2006). In that ‘‘proof-of-principle’’ study, multiple cells were removed from each embryo and none of the embryos were allowed to continue development. Here we report the derivation of five hESC lines without embryo destruction, including one without hESC coculture. Single blastomeres were removed from the embryos by using a technique similar to preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). The biopsied embryos.............................http://www.advancedcell.com/document...Cell_Paper.pdf
    bump bump
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Dr Young

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    I believe that neural stem cells that should be used for the treatment of lumbosacral injuries. We currently don't have an immune-compatible form of such cells ready for clinical trials, although there are several promising possible sources (i.e. genetically induced neurons and MUSE cells of Mari Dezawa). I am watching these developments carefully and hope to implement such therapies in trials as cells are ready and there is some animal evidence to suggest that such therapies are safe and effective.

Wise.
    Dr. Young,

Do you know Dr. Robert Lanza with Advanced Cell Technology and or the work he and his team are doing? Dr Lanza and his team have created HESC cell from a from single blastomere without destroying the embryo. I have pasted part of a document below that better explains Dr Lanzas work, the full document can be seen by clicking on the link. Could these cells be used by you and your lab to treat sci? Feels like all the pieces to the puzzle are, they just need to come together. Thank you Dr Young for all you do and for your time.

To date, the derivation of all human embryonic stem cell (hESC) lines has involved
    destruction of embryos. We previously demonstrated that hESCs can be generated from single blastomeres (Klimanskaya et al., 2006). In that ‘‘proof-of-principle’’ study, multiple cells were removed from each embryo and none of the embryos were allowed to continue development. Here we report the derivation of five hESC lines without embryo destruction, including one without hESC coculture. Single blastomeres were removed from the embryos by using a technique similar to preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD). The biopsied embryos.............................http://www.advancedcell.com/document...Cell_Paper.pdf
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->