Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RT-600 RTI-600 (FES) Stepper Standing FES Restorative Therapies, Inc

Ok, I know it's been awhile since I said I would get us a video of the setup, but I FINALLY got it! SORRY! This is a video of the RT600 setup from chair to table to equipment at CORE. (Please excuse my bad hair day! haha) Anyways, it's not the most exciting video, but gives you all an idea of what it takes to use this new FES technology. At the end, my trainer explains more of what is actually going on during the session. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/lVdPMO0yxJQ

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    excellent video, thanks for taking the time, effort and sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by FLgirl View Post
    Ok, I know it's been awhile since I said I would get us a video of the setup, but I FINALLY got it! SORRY! This is a video of the RT600 setup from chair to table to equipment at CORE. (Please excuse my bad hair day! haha) Anyways, it's not the most exciting video, but gives you all an idea of what it takes to use this new FES technology. At the end, my trainer explains more of what is actually going on during the session. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/lVdPMO0yxJQ

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Allegedly $60,000.00

Flgirl- This looks very cool. This is able to stimulate your legs and your calfs for your ankle movement. I am a new T-12 incomplete. I was injured on December 7th 2011. My out patient rehab has an FES bike and I believe it halted the atrohe and set me on a pace for building back my strength.

It is not enough by itself, but it definitely helped me. I am now able to use a walker and am hoping to be progressing to a cane.

I am pretty sure that locking the knees is actually a compensatory measure because the other muscles aren't strong enough to support your weight. Though we need to be able to lock our knees to stand, I really don't think that we lock our knees when walk. From purely an exercise perspective, locking out takes the weight off the intended target muscles of the exercise and I always considered it resting when working out prior to my injury. So maybe this is idea behind this machine.

In any event, thanks for posting this video and good luck with your recovery.