Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: My M300 Permobil arrived

Quote Originally Posted by eversonsail View Post
    55, your new chair looks great. I reaf that Medicare bought your chair. How do I get the local dme supplier to try to get me a Permobil? How did you do that? Thanks
    It was not a problem. After my seating/chair evaluation, the PT and ATP from the DME discussed my choices. I had done a good bit of research beforehand and Permobils were at the top of my list. We all agreed that Permobil was the way to go because of the 3G seating and seat elevator which I need. The ATP and Permobil rep brought front, rear and mid-wheel drive models to my house to try. I decided that the mid-wheel was the way to go. The ATP wrote up the details and submitted the paper work to Medicare for advance approval. It was approved except for the seat elevator which Medicare does not cover under any circumstance these days. The order was then submitted. End of story. Medicare and my supplemental insurance paid for everything except the $2400 for the seat elevator.

Quote Originally Posted by Vroomgranny View Post
    My m300 is only a couple of months old. I love the tight turning radius as well as the 3G seating. The seating is much more comfie than my c400 was. Also more comfy than my sons invacare fx. However, the chair has issues that are driving me NUTS. First, it was not put together well, some of that we resolved by tightening pieces here and there. Then, I noticed the recline started making a horrible grinding sound. The, the tilt starting making a different grinding noise. THEN, the seat elevator started making a loud click click click, jerking with every click.. NOW the motor is starting to make a sound intermittently.

Yes, I've made a lot of calls. Does anyone else have problems with the head support and arm rests? I'm still waiting on after market gel type arm rests with troughed inserts...the aftermarket head support won't adjust properly on this chair so it gives too much which hurts after riding in the car.
    I do not like the head support and do not use it. We have not been able to adjust it to a comfortable position. I had a couple screws come loose in the armrests but the problem was solved by applying Loctite. The chair continues to run well. It sounds like you got a lemon. I would fight for a replacement.

replacement chair

Thanks 55.. I really would like to avoid the P chair. Should I move on to another Dme if I can't get them to offer a permobil? The chair I have now is okay but the drive motors keep going bad a few days after the warranty expires. The motors have crapped out 3 times in 10 months. Did you have any out-of -pocket expenses besides the elevating seat? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eversonsail View Post
    Thanks 55.. I really would like to avoid the P chair. Should I move on to another Dme if I can't get them to offer a permobil? The chair I have now is okay but the drive motors keep going bad a few days after the warranty expires. The motors have crapped out 3 times in 10 months. Did you have any out-of -pocket expenses besides the elevating seat? Thanks
    There were no other out of pocket expenses. The DME had to go with the Medicare allowable charges which were actually quite consistent with the prices on Permobil's published price list. My supplemental picks up my co-pay share. I would suggest that you contact your area Permobil rep and ask him who is a DME that regularly sells their chairs in your area. I find that some DMEs have favorites that they push hard maybe because of bigger profits or even kickbacks.

Thanks for the posts; I didn't even know Permobil had midwheel.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Permobil m300

Can you tell me the Total weight of the M300 with the tilt, recline, power legs etc. My lift will only handle 400 lbs.