Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My M300 Permobil arrived

My M300 Permobil arrived

After 4 months from the beginning of the Medicare approval process, I now have the chair, named Silver Streak. After a half day of use,it feels very awkward. I hope the learning curve is a short, quick one. It is good to be able to wheel around the yard again. I will get back with an evaluation after I use it for a few days.

Attachment 41551
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Hi "SCIfor55yrs.,"
    It is a good looking chair and you look comfortable....seems to fit you well. Is this your first mid wheel drive chair. My current chair is a mid wheel drive and I don't think I am still used to that "fish tailing" feeling. But, I'm sure you will master this like you have every challenge.

All the best,
    "GJ"

WooooHooooo.!!! Good things come to those who wait, and wait, and wait some more........ It took me awhile to get used to mid-wheel drive, but you are going to love that tight turning radius! Great looking chair!

Just go put some miles on, I think you will love it. Go find a paved trail and enjoy nature.

Blog Entries
    Looks nice and compact, and a good fit for you. I was with 3 guys in power chairs yesterday at our monthly SCI peer group at the Northampton (MA) VA, and was awed by how well they control them. All three were mid wheel drive. I should be getting my Emotion M15s in a week or so, and hope that they will allow me to get out and around more. I just don't have the energy to push up hills in the heat any more.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 24 years post injury

Looks good! I look foward to reading your evaluation.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Hi SCIfor55yrs.
    Nice chair
    I really like Mid wheel drive ones
    It is good to give your shoulders , body a break from undue stress via Manual chair . The best part is I like mid wheel for going outside and rolling by my dogs up close .

Good luck with it and all
    I wish the best for you
    Sincerely ; GL

Congrats 55, looking great! Looking forward to your evaluation because I will need to make this move soon.

Hi SCI55,

The chair looks good. I have only used mid-wheel drive chairs and wouldn't want anything else. When I first got my power chair, I banged up doorways, desk and knees. Once you get the hang of it, I think you'll love your chair. My wife used to like for us to go to the malls shopping. After I got my power chair and started going into every shop in the malls, she doesn't want to go to the malls with me anymore...she gets too tired. Come back and post about your adventures in a couple of weeks.

Take care and drive carefully.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne