Thread: Lokomat vs.TheraStride

Lokomat vs.TheraStride

I am a PT and looking for feedback from folks with SCI who have used either a Lokomat or TheraStride or both. Our facility is looking to purchase some new equipment and we are hoping to gain as much info on each piece of equipment as possible.

If you've used a Lokomat or TheraStride what were the pros and cons of the device for you. If yoo have used both, in your experience, how do they compare. What did you prefer and for what reasons?

Thanks in advance!

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by kristypt View Post
    I am a PT and looking for feedback from folks with SCI who have used either a Lokomat or TheraStride or both. Our facility is looking to purchase some new equipment and we are hoping to gain as much info on each piece of equipment as possible.

If you've used a Lokomat or TheraStride what were the pros and cons of the device for you. If yoo have used both, in your experience, how do they compare. What did you prefer and for what reasons?

Thanks in advance!

Therastride is ridiculously labor intensive. Therapists lasted about ten minutes moving my legs, before they were completely worn out. Took a minimum of three therapists.

One therapist could load me and run me on the lokomat for a solid hour. With a little practice had me up and running in 5 minutes, 2 minutes to get me off. The skill and artistry of the individual therapist is paramount for the best results. Definitely an art to running the machine. Some therapists could barely get me walking on the threadmill for 10 minutes whereas others would have me walking a solid hour and weight bearing the whole time. Other bonus to the locomat you can walk in air to loosen up before you start bearing weight on your legs. Oh for the day when they have the estim combination working on the lokomat.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Therastride is ridiculously labor intensive. Therapists lasted about ten minutes moving my legs, before they were completely worn out. Took a minimum of three therapists.

One therapist could load me and run me on the lokomat for a solid hour. With a little practice had me up and running in 5 minutes, 2 minutes to get me off. The skill and artistry of the individual therapist is paramount for the best results. Definitely an art to running the machine. Some therapists could barely get me walking on the threadmill for 10 minutes whereas others would have me walking a solid hour and weight bearing the whole time. Other bonus to the locomat you can walk in air to loosen up before you start bearing weight on your legs. Oh for the day when they have the estim combination working on the lokomat.

RTI has the RT-600. It is pretty amazing. FES for walking.

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Quote Originally Posted by K-dog View Post

RTI has the RT-600. It is pretty amazing. FES for walking.
    That looks very cool..
    How long has that been out?
    mmmmh this needs it's own thread.

Lokomat: two in one

You can do both with the Lokomat: robotic assisted treadmill training and/or manually assisted treadmill training (Therastride). Hence, the Lokomat offers you more training possibilities...

lokomat

I have a lokomat cubus for sale at a great price,it was removed from a va and was barely used,it is in great condition and works great