Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Me advocating against discrimination

Me advocating against discrimination

Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

Good job!!! I am so glad to see people fighting for this. I faced this with Groupon for a concert ticket. So many of us just accept it or keep quiet! Oh and you look great on camera

Also I am so glad that ADA changed the rules and some venues have noticed! Ticketmaster still does not allow us online purchasing though..
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

*Like*
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thanks! I know it was news to me when they changed the rules for buying accessible seats online. I'm going to contact ticketmaster soon actually because I missed out on getting seats for a sold-out show because i had to call the box office, which no one even answered!! It was unbelieveable and then they told me all seats sold out when i finally got a hold of someone...they're on my shit list so bad. Keep your eyes peeled for another media piece on ticketmaster, i know they're terrible to many disabled ppl ive spoke with.
    Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
    -Dorothy Thompson

I will drive there and be on the news with you. I hate how they do that. They fed me a line about how every venue is different and allows selling different amounts of tickets to us so they can not allow us an online option. The new ADA says we can get more than one companion now so it is an invalid reason! This was about 3 weeks ago for me. I am still mad also!!!

I feel like I know the ADA better than those lawyers I have had so many issues lately I keep having to read the dang thing.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Addiesue, that would be awesome! I'm not that far! Ya I'm tired of their bullshit excuses. I'm posting the new legislation in case anyone wants to read from it next time they speak with ticketmaster!

http://www.ada.gov/ticketing_2010.pdf
    -Dorothy Thompson

Wow! You are a tremendous advocate for pwd's, if not for people like you watchdogging the system we would have far fewer rights. You are making ADA work. Enjoy the games.

Good for you!

Was supposed to be in st louis in the spring to see the Decemberistsbut it fell through. Keep me posted.

hooray, I have hope, now back to my own fight...
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.