Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today's my Unhappy Anniversary!

Today's my Unhappy Anniversary!

It's been 62 years of chair-life since Polio struck in 1949. I jokingly refer to today as my unhappy anniversary, but it's far from "unhappy". I have had a wonderful life and my best wishes to you for the same.
    Between my husband and I we have one hundred and three years of wheelchair living.

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    It's been 62 years of chair-life since Polio struck in 1949. I jokingly refer to today as my unhappy anniversary, but it's far from "unhappy". I have had a wonderful life and my best wishes to you for the same.
    Between my husband and I we have one hundred and three years of wheelchair living.
    Congratulations (or uncongratulations) on a long happy life. May you have many more unhappy anniversaries and keep posting.

Have a graet day.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

glad you're still here with us, and happy or unhappy anniversary to you !
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Have a good day however you look at it Triumph. There should be a new word invented for these bittersweet anniversary dates.
    My cousin told my husband "Happy anniversary that you survived, but sucks you got hurt day."
    103 years of wc life! THAT is an accomplishment. and deserves congratulations.

I make up 41 of those 103 years and Triumph is most definitely my "better half". She taught me how to get up those high curbs in NYC when we met in 1972.

Well, congratulations to both of you....that is really remarkable.

So many people get plaudits on the news for their "achievements".....but you guys blow them all away. Very impressive

I never made the connection between ancient and triumph .... cool! And congrats on the (un)anniversary!

I dont know if congratulations is the right word, but you 2 rock!
    C5/6 complete 10/27/2009 MVA

"I'm going to try defying gravity." Elphaba in "Wicked"

That's marvelous! Wishing you many more years of happy 'unhappy' anniversaries.
    And bliss with your ancientgimp.