Thread: New Nissan Full Sized Van

New Nissan Full Sized Van

Saw this van Sunday, my wife will try to load pics. Sharp looking vehicle which appears to be the same size as the GM and Ford full sized vans. There is also a high roofed version which seems the same size as Sprinter. The vehicle has an available V6. I do not believe they offer double opening doors on the side but the slider appears to be really big, maybe big enough to accomodate the regular platform lifts. If not, perhaps a UVL lift would work. I believe they all have sliders on both sides. The dealership was closed so we could not get to see the inside. If you are thinking of a full sized van conversion you may want to ask your mobility dealer if they can convert this.

Photos of Nissan full size van - hope they are sized correctly.

Were you talking about the Quest? The van that Triumph posted is too bulky. The bad thing about Nissan is that they don't have that 1000 credit that most car makers offer.

The absence of an in-cab engine "dog house" is most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Were you talking about the Quest? The van that Triumph posted is too bulky. The bad thing about Nissan is that they don't have that 1000 credit that most car makers offer.
    No, this is a full sized van for those who want/need lift conversion. I have not talked to any mobility dealers to see if there are any problems w conversion. The tall roof version is like a Sprinter, the regular roof seems the same size as our Ford full sized van which we were in at the time. The Nissan USA website has nice section on the van, I had never heard of it until we saw it at dealership Sunday.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Depending on how high the top of the windshield is, this would be a great addition for people who drive from their power wheelchairs.

For me the best vehicle would be the Sprinter. I am so happy when transportation shows up with one. I can see well out of the windows as they are high enough that I am not bending my head down attempting to see something other than just the car passing us.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 08-09-2011 at 07:11 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt