Thread: Digi stim?

Digi stim?

Clockwise or counterclockwise?
    Also, what can I take to get the hard stool comes out easily?
    Thanks,
    Tin
    Last edited by tinng321; 08-08-2011 at 12:20 PM.
    T3 Complete
    to my alarm: "quiet b*tch! I know what I have to do every two hr. Argggggg!!!!"

Sometimes both.
    Go Georgia Bulldogs

It probably doesn't matter clockwise or counter clockwise as long as the digital stimulation is done gently. It is generally recommended that you remove hard stool in the rectal vault with a gloved finger before inserting a suppository or mini enema. Inserting the suppository or enema in to the stool will result in an insufficient program. If all of your bowel movement contents is hard, then you need to increase your consumption of fiber and water. You can try fiber supplements like Metamucil, Benefiber etc. and adding more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains to your diet.

All the best,
    GJ

you need to learn what works best for you
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Woodland, CA, USA Old male, T12 incomplete TM 2004
    Start taking a stool softener. Also, use a water-soluable lubricant (like KY), and vasoline and (I also use) Preparation H ointment.
    TM 2004 T12 incomplete

Hi,

Here is a good review of SCI bowel issues.
    http://www.sci-info-pages.com/bowel.html

Clockwise or counter doesn't make a difference. First step to softening stool is to assure good water and fiber intake with fruits and vegetables. Next would be a stool softener such as colace OTC. Next you should discuss with your provider possible medication addition.

AAD

I would recommend using water soluble lubricant and not vaseline.

AAD

Thanks all. I do take colace. I was taking 1 colace and 2 senna every night before bed and my bowel program was fine until I started to take detrol for the bladder. Ve also increase the colace to 3 daily but it doesn't seem to help. I stopped taking the petrol today. I'll see if there's any changed tomorrow.
    T3 Complete

My experience is that 3 colace is no better than 2. If you need the detrol, you could always adjust your BP with either enemeez or magic bullet suppository 3x weekly.

AAD

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    My experience is that 3 colace is no better than 2. If you need the detrol, you could always adjust your BP with either enemeez or magic bullet suppository 3x weekly.

AAD
    on top of the colace and senna i also use the magic bullet everyday.
    T3 Complete